Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I think El Ghazi has received a ridiculous amount on undeserved abuse from our fans.

Unless Traore starts uprooting trees in the Prem I can see him getting the same sort of abuse.

Its tragic really.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Again. That’s not the conversation.

People are not saying that “he’s not good enough” is abuse.

People are calling out legitimate abuse he has faced, causing him to delete his Twitter.

You dont know how many times people or even me on this page have said something about Ghazi and it's been taken wrong by other people on here who have then gone on to call or accuse it as abuse.

This is the problem isnt it you cant say anything without being in the wrong anywhere and some people are scared to say anything at all because they are instantly categorised for it.

Now Ghazi and Lansbury if they have took there social media accounts down because its legitimate abuse,then it's wrong what people have done. Maybe the club has advised them to do it and rarely so, nobody should be subject to levels of abuse for trying to do there job, that's a given.

People can and should be respectful to all and it's not hard to be like that towards other people of the same blood and bone as you. But it's no surprising that social media is a breeding ground for Dik heads, I doubt there is any way to sort that out, it's just another place for bullying, Sexism, Racism and other forms of horrible abuse.

I dont know what's been said to Ghazi or Lansbury does anyone?? It does no good to attack anyone character, anything personal about them and if this has been taking place it does need to be rooted out and those people need to be dealt with.

I think we can all agree regardless of how we see the Fringe teams performance other night, that yes they should of been criticised for performances but not abused for it. that's all an attack on our players and is an attack on our hearts and an attack towards our club we all support.

• Like 3

I have seen a hell of a lot of people commenting on the abuse these two players are supposed to have received but I'm yet to actually see any of the abuse.

It might well be out there but I've not seen it, does anyone have any examples?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I have seen a hell of a lot of people commenting on the abuse these two players are supposed to have received but I'm yet to actually see any of the abuse.

Trent this is where I am at with it all.

I'm a firm believer that unless the proof is out there then questions have to be asked until the proof pops up. Where is this abuse, is it in the hands of police because there was a story not so long ago with Zaha getting some Racial abuse from a pathetic Villa Fan Yout and he was rooted out like lightning was he not?? Sure it was Zaha if memory serves me right.

This could be a case of some harsh words being thrown at both Ghazi or Lansbury and they didnt like it, let's face it there performances were shocking. Again though I'll say this, if its abuse aimed at them for performing badly then I hope it all comes out, dealing with this quietly and not pursuing the peeps is the wrong way to go about it.

Make you wonder what would cause some Villa players to quieten up and close up social media accounts. Is all this a case of hundreds or thousands of Villa fans got on there backs or is it a case abuse happening over a lengthy period of time for a while now from some individuals, we just do not know yet do we??

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Just search whatever their handles were on Twitter...I'm sure there's plenty unless people now feel guilty and have been deleting.

Personally I think he’s a bit crap. I’m quite content to say that on a discussion topic created solely to discuss the player.

I really don’t understand why people though think it’s a good idea or even acceptable to contact him directly with this, or worse, social media really is a cesspit.

• Like 4

Got this from Vitalfootball and link I'll post below if anyone wants to read further into it.

Now there is no need for Fans to turn round to Ghazi if true and say he makes them feel sick, Painful to watch could be accepted as its fair criticism, but get out the club I would also say is unacceptable as it's simply saying your not wanted. It seems to be a mixed bag of comments from people who are frustrated. Instead giving real criticism they have let there mouths and brains run away without thinking of how it could affect the person/persons they are talking to. It's still doesnt seem as bad as what it was all made out to be from what is written below. Yes it's not nice and better thought could of been put into the words. To be honest it is starting to sound more like the club have told them to deactivate there accounts because of a high number of people criticising Ghazi and Lansbury and having ago at the players. In some ways after the stoke game some comments are justified but others are not so much and the horrible ones are the uncalled for comments that some could do with apologising over..

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/idiot-fans-el-ghazi-and-lansbury-delete-social-media-accounts.108774/

Let's be honest it's not everyone, you'll have Villa fans who are 10 years old on twitter who haven't hit puberty and still have squeaky voices, and tell their mothers they want them to die because they won't allow them on the xbox after 9pm.

From what was reported yesterday a few fans said to El Ghazi he makes them sick, It's painful to watch and get out the club.

The club also warn players that social media can have a negative impact if they aren't performing, Fans get irate.

Come on when you go to Villa match have you not heard some of the abuse that gets screamed at players ? It's no different and it's not just a few.

No way am I condoning this behaviour, and definitely not directly aimed at the players, we all do it indirectly on here, Who's to say a player or two haven't logged on to the forum at some time, especially when they see VitalVilla posted on twitter, and a player decides to have a ganger at what the fans think.

Like I said it's not everyone, and we can't expect every fan to have a mature rational thought in the heat of the moment after being knocked out of the tournament, I've seen the verbal diarrhoea on here from time to time, (and after the Stoke match)

Every club have it's good and bad supporters, Social media is either amazing for players or shit, We know the kind of fans that are out there, and I suggest to any player who isn't performing to deactivate twitter at any club, it's the same problem across the board at other clubs and definitely effects their mental health.

As a player you get analysed every time you play, you have pundits on TV saying certain players aren't good enough that they need to sell, and what were they thinking, for example I know a lot of you like Simon Jordan but he came out on the national radio that's been reported everywhere in the papers that Mings is overrated, not good enough and isn't worth the 25m Aston Villa paid just a couple of days ago, what's Mings going to think of that ? will he ignore it, prove people wrong or get down about it.

You have to have thick skin as a player, you're getting paid ten's of thousands of pounds a week and if you let anything the media or a few fans say get to you you're going to find it tough.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Xela said:

On page 4!

He's the forgotten man now. Hope he looks at Trez and it inspires him. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10774768

I'll never forget Anwar. The goal and assist in the playoff final I will always be grateful for but he's nowhere near good enough to get into this team or for where we want to get to. 

Thanks for all the fish though. 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2020 at 23:29, Dave-R said:

Trent this is where I am at with it all.

I'm a firm believer that unless the proof is out there then questions have to be asked until the proof pops up. Where is this abuse, is it in the hands of police because there was a story not so long ago with Zaha getting some Racial abuse from a pathetic Villa Fan Yout and he was rooted out like lightning was he not?? Sure it was Zaha if memory serves me right.

This could be a case of some harsh words being thrown at both Ghazi or Lansbury and they didnt like it, let's face it there performances were shocking. Again though I'll say this, if its abuse aimed at them for performing badly then I hope it all comes out, dealing with this quietly and not pursuing the peeps is the wrong way to go about it.

Make you wonder what would cause some Villa players to quieten up and close up social media accounts. Is all this a case of hundreds or thousands of Villa fans got on there backs or is it a case abuse happening over a lengthy period of time for a while now from some individuals, we just do not know yet do we??

This is the odd part.

El Ghazi was in my opinion (as well as according to whoscored) our best player that night.  Not saying a lot to be fair, but he certainly didn’t warrant the level of abuse directed at him.

As @penguin has written above, it’s fine to come to a forum and express your irritation ( within reason), but a different matter to go to that person personally and direct abuse at them.  

I’ve got MAJOR Southgate issues right now, but I wouldn’t dream of directing abuse at him personally.  If he wants to actively come to villatalk and read about a Mr Nobody making fun of his giant nose because he doesn’t rate my favourite player, then that’s his own problem.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thug said:

This is the odd part.

El Ghazi was in my opinion (as well as according to whoscored) our best player that night.  Not saying a lot to be fair, but he certainly didn’t warrant the level of abuse directed at him.

As @penguin has written above, it’s fine to come to a forum and express your irritation ( within reason), but a different matter to go to that person personally and direct abuse at them.  

I’ve got MAJOR Southgate issues right now, but I wouldn’t dream of directing abuse at him personally.  If he wants to actively come to villatalk and read about a Mr Nobody making fun of his giant nose because he doesn’t rate my favourite player, then that’s his own problem.

I would definitely tell Southgate to his face how I feel about him.  Point out the fact he has bare face lied and contradicted himself on numerous occasions, citing the examples in case he tries to deny it. I'd also tell him I think he's a hindrance to the national team that has no right to still be in the job based on the quality of player at his disposal and the level of performance being delivered. Not sure I'd call him bignose, and dont think the above qualifies as abuse, but some might.

As for AEG, I'd love to be able to tell him that the majority of fans don't wish him any ill will, that they all fondly remember his exceptional performance in the playoff final,  and that most would love him to get back to the player he was that day and get back in the first team on merit.  Anyone that would rather hurl abuse at him is an idiot, and doesnt see the harm it does to both the player and the club.

• Thanks 2

I will always the thankful for what he did for us in our promotion year, but if I'm honest he clearly isn't premiership standard, he is at best bottom 6 prem standard.

In reality he is probably top 10 championship standard, even in the champ he was cold as much as he was hot.

I would always wish him the best of luck if he left, and I think he does need to be replaced over the next 12 months or so, he simply isn't that good.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thug said:

This is the odd part.

I think Southgates been getting way way more abuse than Ghazi. As I've been reading the so called abuse towards Lansbo and Ghazi is a mixed bag of comments. As Trent mentioned there hasnt been or doesnt seem to be any concrete evidence of this abuse in the media in exactly what has been said.

I've come to terms that after the stoke game a hoard of fans started messageing both players, now what the comments were who knows. Aston Villa themselves must of instructed both players to take down there social media in fear of a real proper backlash from fans. I know as much as anyone else on the matter though but usually these things do come out. Just like I said about Zaha in another post that abuse by the 12 year old Villa fan, really hit the news quick, I doubt Villa would want it kept quiet in anyway.

I just hope that these Fringe stars start looking at how the first team is performing and somehow start pulling there socks up and gain some motivation from them. Let's face the music,they deserved a good bashing from fans and a good kick up the arse for that abysmal display against Stoke, but not abuse if it's there.

Ghazi is in Danger of not only being the forgotten man but being sold in a season or two to make way for someone who will put a performance in from the bench I think.

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I would definitely tell Southgate to his face how I feel about him.  Point out the fact he has bare face lied and contradicted himself on numerous occasions, citing the examples in case he tries to deny it. I'd also tell him I think he's a hindrance to the national team that has no right to still be in the job based on the quality of player at his disposal and the level of performance being delivered. Not sure I'd call him bignose, and dont think the above qualifies as abuse, but some might.

As for AEG, I'd love to be able to tell him that the majority of fans don't wish him any ill will, that they all fondly remember his exceptional performance in the playoff final,  and that most would love him to get back to the player he was that day and get back in the first team on merit.  Anyone that would rather hurl abuse at him is an idiot, and doesnt see the harm it does to both the player and the club.

I think with Ghazi his first season he was out to prove he could be a Villa player, he was a loan, he had a look about him that had fire in his eyes. Since he was bought though that's when I felt the change came in, now whether that has anything to do with it I do not know, but I think its abit of that and finding it tough to adapt. I do not understand either how hes found it tough to adapt because at start of season he found there net a few times. A few ways I think you can tell he went down hill was his displays, went lazy and had attitude problems with players on his team which could be seen. I cant speak for Ghazi himself and if hes going through something but in that spotlight you have to keep on moving forward, you only get so long as a player in football, make the most of it. Some people let the life get to them, we often said this about many our players before Smith came in and the team we had then. Players and the high life sometimes do not work out and sometimes its reaching the very top on the mountain that can bring you crashing back down.

As for Southgate if I seen him myself I dont think I'd hold back hes a TIT, there is alot he has done wrong, where Ghazi his fault lies within himself and whatever he has got going on he has to somehow make right again with himself and his career.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He doesn't have the mentality to succeed at this level.

good thing about mentality is that you can shift it with help and will. I'd be more worried if it was his natural footballing ability, but I don't see many issues there. I haven't given up on AEG and I don't think we should this year either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

good thing about mentality is that you can shift it with help and will. I'd be more worried if it was his natural footballing ability, but I don't see many issues there. I haven't given up on AEG and I don't think we should this year either.

He doesn’t have that much natural footballing ability really tbh. He’s had about 5 good games for us over two seasons. 

He’s not a bad player, just nowhere near good enough at this level. He’s an average championship player at best. Might make it in the Spanish/Italian top league. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s an average championship player at best.

I think you’ve got the wrong idea about the Championship. Holding his own in one of the best sides there, we’ve already seen he’s an above-average Championship player.

23 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think you’ve got the wrong idea about the Championship. Holding his own in one of the best sides there, we’ve already seen he’s an above-average Championship player.

I disagree. But I think we’re both in agreement that he isn’t a PL player. 

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree. But I think we’re both in agreement that he isn’t a PL player. 

Yeah it’s mostly semantics but I reckon he could do a job at a Brighton or a Burnley. I agree he hasn’t performed anywhere near the level to be ahead of Jack, Trez, or Traore. I’m happy to have him in the squad.

Â