Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Burnley are exactly the kind of team I think he'll struggle against tbh. He doesn't like it when teams get physical, I don't think he'll get in to the game. 

He scored in the same fixture didn't he last year?

Trez will come back in I suspect if he's fit but he's moving up as first option on the bench particularly with Davis having his annual three month holiday by the looks of it.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know it's been said so many times before, but how did we end up going into the season so light up-front *again*?

Traore has 38 goals 11 assists from 70 appearances at CF which is way better record than Josh King at CF yet loads wanted him preseason

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore has 38 goals 11 assists from 70 appearances at CF which is way better record than Josh King at CF yet loads wanted him preseason

People also spent the summer saying what a terrible signing Callum Wilson would be as well. I'm afraid I haven't seen anything from Traore to think he would be a capable striker in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

People also spent the summer saying what a terrible signing Callum Wilson would be as well. I'm afraid I haven't seen anything from Traore to think he would be a capable striker in the Premier League.

Wilson for what wages he's allegedly on and 4+1 year deal at his age  is a terrible signing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wilson for what wages he's allegedly on and 4+1 year deal at his age  is a terrible signing 

To be honest, pretty much anyone would be better than no one at all, and that is precisely what we have behind Watkins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

We play 1 striker system and have Watkins. Phenomenally better deal

But he is not in fact made of titanium, and instead has muscles and bones like other humans, so it remains a huge risk to have just one striker.

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

But he is not in fact made of titanium, and instead has muscles and bones like other humans, so it remains a huge risk to have just one striker.

Same argument as pre season. You can't sign big money player to sit on bench in case of injury but you can sign a player in another position but with loads of experience and good goal return as forward and we did that with Traore. He's not looking great but that's beside the point. Smith said from day one Traore can play through middle

On another note who are the stable of back up strikers Spurs have for seasons if Kane gets injured?

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Same argument as pre season. You can't sign big money player to sit on bench in case of injury but you can sign a player in another position but with loads of experience and good goal return as forward and we did that with Traore. He's not looking great but that's beside the point. Smith said from day one Traore can play through middle

Most clubs play with one striker, yet they seem to have at least one striker to sit on the bench.

You're not going to convince me that this is fine. We might get away with it, with Watkins staying fit and in form all season or whatever, but it's not good.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Most clubs play with one striker, yet they seem to have at least one striker to sit on the bench.

You're not going to convince me that this is fine. We might get away with it, with Watkins staying fit and in form all season or whatever, but it's not good.

Loads of clubs don't have amazing striker cover like Spurs who I added comment on previous post. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Loads of clubs don't have amazing striker cover like Spurs who I added comment on previous post. 

Spurs have Carlos Vinicius, a striker with a 1 in 2 scoring record in Portugal for Benfica, who was scoring for them in Europe just this week.

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Spurs have Carlos Vinicius, a striker with a 1 in 2 scoring record in Portugal for Benfica, who was scoring for them in Europe just this week.

He’s also a player who is more than happy to sit on the bench week in week out and play the odd game in Europe. Callum Wilson was never joining Villa to sit on the bench so we were never signing him and Watkins.

I agree we probably are a striker light depending on how Wesley comes back but spending that sum of money on a player to sit on the bench with the other issues we have in the squad is not a sensible way to build a squad. Ideally we’d have got a loan in for the season as cover and assess how Wesley is when he’s back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

He’s also a player who is more than happy to sit on the bench week in week out and play the odd game in Europe. Callum Wilson was never joining Villa to sit on the bench so we were never signing him and Watkins.

I agree we probably are a striker light depending on how Wesley comes back but spending that sum of money on a player to sit on the bench with the other issues we have in the squad is not a sensible way to build a squad. Ideally we’d have got a loan in for the season as cover and assess how Wesley is when he’s back. 

I'm saying we're a striker light. I'm not saying it had to be Callum Wilson or Josh King or any other individual player.

Anyway, I will leave this conversation here. We have drifted away from talking about El Ghazi.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Are those numbers correct?

Yes but 71 appearances at CF and all comps Europe as well as domestic leagues

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bertrand-traore/alletore/spieler/131996/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=14&minute=&pos=&torart=&stand=

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â