Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

38 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'd agree with that.

But, would also add that despite if being a 'fans forum', it is visible to anyone across the planet. The Views posted in here represent the avfc fanbase. I don't enjoy reading abuse directed at players.

On top of this, as it is visible to all and everyone, you cannot control if there are friends or family members reading and passing stuff on. It would be I'll advised but not entirely out the question.

I've seen what this can do to people, and it's a slippery slope if you feel it's ok to post stuff like that and allow our forum to be tarnished by it.

I agree very much with this, even if the abuse is only on a fan forum it sets the tone and inspires ppl to behave like that in other fora.

Sending abuse directly to a player is completely out of order, but in an environment where ppl just throws out abuse here and there it becomes standard and less thoughtful persons will do it directly to the players, thinking it is ok.

I very much admire you ppl who react directly towards such behaviour on here.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I'd agree with that.

But, would also add that despite if being a 'fans forum', it is visible to anyone across the planet. The Views posted in here represent the avfc fanbase. I don't enjoy reading abuse directed at players.

On top of this, as it is visible to all and everyone, you cannot control if there are friends or family members reading and passing stuff on. It would be I'll advised but not entirely out the question.

I've seen what this can do to people, and it's a slippery slope if you feel it's ok to post stuff like that and allow our forum to be tarnished by it.

I’m not and do not advocate abuse, there is though a world of difference between abuse on a fans forum and abuse directed to an individual.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Needs a loan somewhere.

Why? We have 4 players who can play LM/RM in Smith’s first choice formation.

Yes, he’s currently 4th in the pecking order - but one injury to Grealish, Traoré or Trez and who are you bringing on?

Besides, I expect Traoré and Trez to both be very streaky players form-wise. Competition for places is good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m not and do not advocate abuse, there is though a world of difference between abuse on a fans forum and abuse directed to an individual.

Not really. Abuse is abuse, whether it's right in someone's face or behind their back. We can always criticize a player's performances without making it personal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NeilS said:

The majority of our fans are brilliant, but like all clubs we have our idiots as well

We are known amongst players as a set of fans that will quickly turn on their team - two different former PL players have told me that as part of the reason they think culture has been such a struggle to build at the club. 

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's probably not a coincidence we have had such a good run of results behind closed doors.  We would have gone down if Villa Park was full for the run in.

No doubt think were one of the worst home crowds to play in front when things are going wrong

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I didn't say you did at all. There is a world of difference, but it doesn't make it anymore right. 

Just now, Mjvilla said:

I didn't say you did at all. There is a world of difference, but it doesn't make it anymore right. 

No I know you didn’t.

Actually I think it makes it less wrong.

I think almost every single poster on this site has been abusive about a player or manager at some point if they are honest with themselves.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

No I know you didn’t.

Actually I think it makes it less wrong.

I think almost every single poster on this site has been abusive about a player or manager at some point if they are honest with themselves.

In fairness we have had both David O'leary and Martin O'Neill as our manager. And they're words removed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Why do our fans always need a scapegoat?

What makes you think there our fans? We have rival fans that would love to destabilise us with stupid comments from faceless Twitter accounts.

Social media isn't real , comments on there could be from bots , rival fans , idiots.......... I'm so surprised at how people take these comments as anything but utter bullshit. 

8 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Just so you don’t miss the point again. Please justify this.

https://twitter.com/MatKendrick/status/1312323934373720066?s=20

Football is a business not a place to keep storing players who serve no purpose, it's down to players to keep themselves ahead of the game and if they cant do that then they unfortunately have to be replaced. 

Yes a club should try to help a player overcome situations and try and help them be better but if it's not happening, a club shouldnt have to hold onto players if they are not working out.

Then there are fans, there are critics and then there are down right disgusting rocket polishers who abuse people in every direction. However talking about someones game and saying they wont ever be good at this level I'd say is fair criticism if that is the case playing out.

You cant justify two players deactivating there accounts on social media if real nasty abuse has been happening, that's just uncalled for, but if they have done it because they cant take fans giving them criticism then that says alot doesnt it.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Dave-R said:

Football is a business not a place to keep storing players who serve no purpose, it's down to players to keep themselves ahead of the game and if they cant do that then they unfortunately have to be replaced. 

Yes a club should try to help a player overcome situations and try and help them be better but if it's not happening, a club shouldnt have to hold onto players if they are not working out.

Then there are fans, there are critics and then there are down right disgusting rocket polishers who abuse people in every direction. However talking about someones game and saying they wont ever be good at this level I'd say is fair criticism if that is the case playing out.

Again. That’s not the conversation.

People are not saying that “he’s not good enough” is abuse.

People are calling out legitimate abuse he has faced, causing him to delete his Twitter.

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

What makes you think there our fans? We have rival fans that would love to destabilise us with stupid comments from faceless Twitter accounts.

Social media isn't real , comments on there could be from bots , rival fans , idiots.......... I'm so surprised at how people take these comments as anything but utter bullshit. 

Well they post on here.....

Just now, mykeyb said:

Well they post on here.....

And? Does that make them fans? Anyone can register on here and post their opinions, it's obvious some posters have other agendas . We could all join a sha forum and be destructive on there as well, if we was that small minded. 

Â