Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

27 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The disrespect for El Ghazi in our fanbase is shameful.

He's not good enough to be a first team player for us now, not at the level we are aiming for, but he's been a very good player for us in the past few seasons.

26 goals in 4 seasons. 10 of our 55 goals last season, 18% of our PL goals in one of our best seasons for years.

i don't like the guy, what can i say. the games where he's either shown zero effort (southampton earlier this season) or tried to be a hero with some ludicrous shot from 40 yards and thus breaking down an attack (see last night as an example) far outweigh the very few good performances for me

lets not forget how he totally bottled it vs southampton in the 19/20 season after 20 mins because he just didn't fancy it but was then miraculously fine for the carabao cup final the following week. i never forgave that.

each to his own. i liked neil taylor and ashley westwood for example. be boring if we all liked and disliked the same players wouldn't it.

• Confused 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Everton?

I'd be absolutely amazed.

Talk about stats all you people want. Thanks for the play off final Anwar when you were on fire, not just the goal but the constant driving at people. Thanks for everything.

...but we've all watched him for 3 years we've all done the eye test. He's weak. He fails to do the absolute basics time and time again. He can't control a football at the best of the time. He can't beat people. He can't cross. He doesn't get involved in intricate moves or one twos.

He's as limited a footballer as you can get.

• Like 2

Thanks for the memories Anwar and your contribution to getting us promoted… but it’s time to move on now. We are setting our sights much higher and can’t hang on to subpar players and cannot refuse the opportunity to make some money on them either…

Really hope this move goes through…

Trez next.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd be absolutely amazed.

Talk about stats all you people want. Thanks for the play off final Anwar when you were on fire, not just the goal but the constant driving at people. Thanks for everything.

...but we've all watched him for 3 years we've all done the eye test. He's weak. He fails to do the absolute basics time and time again. He can't control a football at the best of the time. He can't beat people. He can't cross. He doesn't get involved in intricate moves or one twos.

He's as limited a footballer as you can get.

for Everton fans reading this, what he is trying to say is, he is basically Messi Mk.2, and would be a snip at 15m.

(as i have seen the El Ghazi thread on the Everton forum, linking our own El Ghazi thread)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

for Everton fans reading this, what he is trying to say is, he is basically Messi Mk.2, and would be a snip at 15m.

(as i have seen the El Ghazi thread on the Everton forum, linking our own El Ghazi thread)

Also, he's taller than he looks, smells nice and has great manners

• Haha 2

I just don't see anyone spending 15m on him. If we get an offer of that we should snap their hands off. I'd value him around the 10m Mark I guess. 

Though, he's not a player I feel we need to sell, but it's probably the right time for him to move on and seek a new challenge. Can't see him getting much game time now.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i don't like the guy, what can i say. the games where he's either shown zero effort (southampton earlier this season) or tried to be a hero with some ludicrous shot from 40 yards and thus breaking down an attack (see last night as an example) far outweigh the very few good performances for me

lets not forget how he totally bottled it vs southampton in the 19/20 season after 20 mins because he just didn't fancy it but was then miraculously fine for the carabao cup final the following week. i never forgave that.

each to his own. i liked neil taylor and ashley westwood for example. be boring if we all liked and disliked the same players wouldn't it.

I can think of a player we will all like. (Hopefully!). 

• Like 1

A bit like Conor, Elmo and Trez, Anwar is a player who can leave with his head held high for his role taking us from mid-table Championship to mid-table Premier League.

His ceiling is bottom half of the Premier League though, so it's best for all parties he moves on as we're trying to push beyond that. 

Everton is a great move for him if he goes there, he'll do well to earn a permanent contract. 

Wish him all the best whatever happens. 

• Like 1

Everton look like a toxic club at the moment. The state of the El Ghazi thread on one of their forums is distasteful. 
Just hope he does moves they give him a little more respect.

Funny Everton fans saying they've never heard of them even tho he's banged about 2/3 goals against them. They must not watch their games

Edited by messi11
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Everton look like a toxic club at the moment. The state of the El Ghazi thread on one of their forums is distasteful. 

Funny Everton fans saying they've never heard of them even tho he's banged about 2/3 goals against them. They must not watch their games

I went and checked it out. Honestly, funniest thread in a while. They're borderline suicidal at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

One of his greatest goals was the 2nd against Everton after Wesley scored, I think his first goal. You watch the run he makes and he's in our half when Wesley receives the ball and puts the afterburners on to get up to the play

https://youtu.be/wX9xtOvLBd0

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

It’s like looking in a mirror from the past. I always have respected Everton and I think they’re the club closest to what we are, but they are in the Lerner/Xia twilight era of their club. It’s just a shambles from top to bottom. I’m sure their fans probably are being dicks but I don’t think any of us were at all pleasant during our darkest days. 

• Like 2

Â