Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

One of his greatest goals was the 2nd against Everton after Wesley scored, I think his first goal. You watch the run he makes and he's in our half when Wesley receives the ball and puts the afterburners on to get up to the play

https://youtu.be/wX9xtOvLBd0

What was even better was he took the ball and glory away from that narcissistic number 10 we used to accommodate 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

It’s like looking in a mirror from the past. I always have respected Everton and I think they’re the club closest to what we are, but they are in the Lerner/Xia twilight era of their club. It’s just a shambles from top to bottom. I’m sure their fans probably are being dicks but I don’t think any of us were at all pleasant during our darkest days. 

I think what you’re trying to say is, Everton are a proper club with proper fans and Anwar at £15 million is a real bargain. We’d hate to see Newcastle muscle in and snatch him from under their noses with a £20 million + deal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think what you’re trying to say is, Everton are a proper club with proper fans and Anwar at £15 million is a real bargain. We’d hate to see Newcastle muscle in and snatch him from under their noses with a £20 million + deal. 

I wouldn't 😂

Don't care where he goes as long as the money is right.

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

It’s like looking in a mirror from the past. I always have respected Everton and I think they’re the club closest to what we are, but they are in the Lerner/Xia twilight era of their club. It’s just a shambles from top to bottom. I’m sure their fans probably are being dicks but I don’t think any of us were at all pleasant during our darkest days. 

I have a lot of respect for Everton - a grand old club, a fantastic stadium, and a way they always developed good young players. I think many fans have equally understood that and respected us overall. Both models you mention are cautionary tales about bad ownership models, whilst are heading upwards, I hope Everton can fix their situation at the expense of turgid sportwashers like Newcastle. Anwar will do well for them. 

Certainly did his job and more for Villa. His playoff goal and then his contribution last season. On his day an important impact player but sadly not consistent enough and to be brutal not good enough for where we want to be.

Wish him all the best!

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Totally agree with this. I like Everton and hate seeing them struggle. Their owners are awful.

24 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I think he’s worth £15m if I’m honest, but I’ve always had a soft spot for Anwar. 

I also think he is worth £15m. He scored 10 goals last season in PL.

However, I still cant fathom why Everton would want him. I thought they were ambitious to get Europe? His playstyle does not suit a Europe pushing team in PL. I think El Ghazi would be perfect for Serie A, where he can get a bit more space and time on the ball. He is a great player, but I dont think he is a good fit for Villa anymore. Still love the guy and wish him all the best. Model professional guy, who I feel have a bit underappreciated by some of our fanbase. 

Â