Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

He's only going there on loan and Everton don't have an obligation to buy. Kind of disappointing as he will only have one year left on his contract at the end of the loan, we won't be getting anywhere near £15m for him at that point.

• Like 1

On second thought, I don't think this deal is as good as I thought it was for us. El Ghazi is probably a 10-12 million pound winger. 15 million is still a good price though.

The form he showed last season, if he maintained it, would put him well over 15 million pounds. 10 goals and 6 non-penalty goals for the amount of minutes he's played is too good a goal return to just swipe under the rug. And Everton is probably gambling on him having this kind of form for them. But as we have seen, El Ghazi is just too incosistent to maintain that kind of form. Too often terrible to make up for the good moments.

Whilst I strongly believe he's not good enough for us anymore, I don't think its an unfair price. He's not that bad, just if he knew when to pass and when to shoot then he'd be half decent. 

When you think it cost roughly the same we paid for McCormack 4 years ago, it's not unfair value. He does score some important goals. And will be leaving with a 100% penalty record, don't think we can say that about any ex players

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d be fuming at this signing if I was an Everton fan.  Especially if they are paying 15m for him.

If you treat it as a make weight in the Digne deal that means we are only paying Everton £8 million.  That's wild. 

Edit: Nevermind it's a loan. That's a lot more sense. 

Edited by Rightdm00

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Just a loan according to this guy that Everton fans say is reliable for them.

Won't be scoring a penalty against us then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

He's only going there on loan and Everton don't have an obligation to buy. Kind of disappointing as he will only have one year left on his contract at the end of the loan, we won't be getting anywhere near £15m for him at that point.

Yes we have to get better at selling players, rather being in a position where we're just constantly loaning out the ones we don't want, see also Hourihane and Kalinić, and others before them.

Whilst I wish we were getting money for him, El Ghazi has done nothing in recent times to command a fee for us tbh.

I wish him well but he's just not very good unfortunately, as highlighted on Monday when his arrival signalled the end of all attacking threat from us.

Farewell Anwar

Â