Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Must be the best penalty taker we've ever had. Don't think he's missed one in the regular attempts and also hit it top corner v Chelsea in the league cup shoot out.

Milner, Barry, Benteke and Tammy all scored more often than not but missed 1-2 a season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Glen Whelan is the best penalty taker we ever had.

If El Ghazi has never missed a pen for Villa, we cannot have had a better pen taker. It’s impossible. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

If El Ghazi has never missed a pen for Villa, we cannot have had a better pen taker. It’s impossible. 

I beg to differ

Villa fan throws a cabbage at Steve Bruce during draw with Preston where Glenn Whelan missed an injury time penalty

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce's future remained in doubt after Glenn Whelan missed an injury-time penalty in a thrilling 3-3 draw with Preston.

The manager endured chants of "We want Brucie out" from supporters in the Holte End after the visitors roared back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2.

A cabbage was also thrown at Bruce from the stands.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like El Ghazi, just seems like a decent bloke.

However he's not going to regularly play for a team with aspirations of the top six or eight which of course is our aim.

Anwar El Ghazi should be remembered fondly for his Play-off final performance, his goals last season and his ice coolness at the penalty spot.

Might be wrong here because we haven't got there yet... But the only player from mid table in the championship to us getting European football will be mings 

Its one hell of a jump so it shouldn't be that big a surprise

I think his current role of squad player for a mid table team is about right be it us, everton or roma if they came back 

Scores goals, has a lot of shots but over the course of 90 minutes doesn't get enough touches or have enough influence IMO 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Might be wrong here because we haven't got there yet... But the only player from mid table in the championship to us getting European football will be mings 

Its one hell of a jump so it shouldn't be that big a surprise

I think his current role of squad player for a mid table team is about right be it us, everton or roma if they came back 

Scores goals, has a lot of shots but over the course of 90 minutes doesn't get enough touches or have enough influence IMO 

The semi final hero is still with us.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If he goes i wish him all the best. The goal as wembley wilk always be close to my heart.

Also that goal against Everton at vp in our 1st season. A generally good guy. 

Yeah, I don't think anyone will not think of him fondly or appreciate what he's done, we just need better now, and for his own career he deserves to be playing week in week out at his own level.

• Like 1

Â