John McGinn

PompeyVillan

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t realise he was so fast. It’s because of his odd running style. Also surprised to see Mings second and Wesley third!

Probably down to his playing style, he’s got great acceleration and most likely to go full tilt. Mings had one moment he had to put the burners on to close down James, which probably accounts for him coming second, although he’d probably be up there with El Ghazi if they were to run a 100 either way, he just rarely needs to in a game.

He's too important to be dropped based on what he gives us overall. Great engine, decent presence, works very hard and does a lot of good defensive work. But his quality on the ball is pretty suspect at the best of times, his weight of pass in particular is pretty poor.

John should pick and choose his runs more wisely to conserve some energy for final third of match. He covers alot more distance but could easily knock off at least a 1km of charging around. I know this is what Johns game is all about but if he could focus his energy a bit more would be even more effective!

Edited by birdman
typo

21 hours ago, birdman said:

John should pick and choose his runs more wisely to conserve some energy for final third of match. He covers alot more distance but could easily knock off at least a 1km of charging around. I know this is what Johns game is all about but if he could focus his energy a bit more would be even more effective!

It'll surely come with time and some more maturity. 

On 03/12/2019 at 13:24, abdulaziz1 said:

Its not about dropping, its about changing him during the game if he got tired.

I think so.

He's a real work in progress. Lots of good about him already, but his quality on the ball and understanding of the game can let him down and I think increasingly let him down often. I think a combination of coaching & development, but also managing him a bit better in terms of taking him off when he clearly gets tired, will help push him on a lot.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

On 03/12/2019 at 21:24, abdulaziz1 said:

Its not about dropping, its about changing him during the game if he got tired.

It's not about dropping but maybe resting SJM with the internationals he has played more games than a lot of the squad, I'd rather rest him now or stop him eating chips!!

On 02/12/2019 at 22:29, a m ole said:

Heaton did a 5k?!

Yeah, knew he wasnt pulling his weight in a game, needs to be dropped 😉

Seriously though, how did he do 5km as a goalkeeper....it would be interesting to see how this compares to other goalkeepers in the league.  Not that it makes much difference apart from being a sweeper sometimes cleaning up the ball if the ball slips through the defence.

I'm not sure which one; it is was Jaded - need rest? or it was he was turn bit poor when Grealish move to Wide Playmaker Roles in LAM? when he use be Advanced Playmaker in CM? as he use have Interchanging with Grealish ? 

Might move to LCM interchanging With Grealish as Connor play this roles tonight, it is not work well that might reason McGinn not play well?

Play in LCM with Luis - RCM, Marvellous - DM Vs Strong Team, Sub by Connor if John is tired.
(or) Houricane as CM (McGinn in LCM indeed Connor) vs Weak Team Connor Replace Marvellous?  

if it is not work so we might considered bring Grealish back in CM next to him with new sign (Left Foot Inside winger with El Ghazi in Left Inside Forward) in Jan might help McGinn problem.

As latest he is get grow used and play better without Grealish next to him compare few games.

Â