John McGinn

PompeyVillan

8 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

He looked absolutely shattered when they finally hauled him off after his second goal. It was interesting to see how attacking his position was-  he was almost a second striker.

Hopefully he will get a couple of days rest before returning to training. At least we are the Monday game, so more recovery time.

I actually enjoyed watching Scotland and wanted them to win for once :)

Maybe he could benefit from being in a more attacking role for us.  Grealish on left, Mcginn on right. Both constantly interchanging. 

Hourihane, Luiz and Nakamba in the middle. 

Or is that just crazy talk?

50 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe he could benefit from being in a more attacking role for us.  Grealish on left, Mcginn on right. Both constantly interchanging. 

Nope, was thinking this today. Our strongest area is our central midfield by quite some distance. I’d be tempted to play McGinn either as the striker or on the right. 

Might sound mad but our front three have been garbage for the most part so might be a way of fitting in our better players. 

• Like 1

I thought he was good, but once again he was **** dead by about 65 minutes in.

Last season he looked like he could run for weeks at a time, what's happened? it can't just be the step up, surely, his fitness looks nowhere near what is was last season.

On 20/11/2019 at 19:48, Vive_La_Villa said:

no it is not crazy talk, as we need threat left foot inside forward, McGinn can play this well so Lansbury or Houriance in Centre Midfield or ACM Roles and drop deep to bring pass forward.  - But I happy the team way at moment, until jan bring left foot right inside forward | Winger so McGinn focus on Box to Box Midfield, try Advanced Roles push further rather deep that we all good.

McGinn is off the games today, but still work hard and battle the midfield well but he is not in his high standard. His Shot boots not working today but grealish was same, still good job for us.

International and Villa is seem like too much for him.

He need rest long time to get his sharp back and focus, and energy as he use all his energy this season already.. I worried about he is likely has Jade in Feb-March.

In the one picture he looked like he had moobs. 

There's definitely something not right with him whether it be lack of form or fitness but we are not seeing the best of John McGinn right now. Some of his decision making was poor tonight. 

Maybe it's because of the man crush but I thought he was fine tonight. There was one glorious 40 yard crossfield ball in the first half out to the right and as the game wore on he tracked back well and passed smartly.

Won't be every game that he'll be having countless shots on goal but he is a good player in many other areas.

I think of our key players Mings is the one having a dip in form but that's for his thread...

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I thought he was good, but once again he was **** dead by about 65 minutes in.

Last season he looked like he could run for weeks at a time, what's happened? it can't just be the step up, surely, his fitness looks nowhere near what is was last season.

Think he has been run into the ground by playing for Scotland too. Last season can't remember him playing as much for Scotland so had a break

Â