John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 06/12/2019 at 18:17, ferguson1 said:

I think in time the McGinn arse roll will become just as famous as the Cruyff turn.  I even saw the use of it in the school playground when dropping my son off at school this week. :D

To be honest it's said twerking has it's origin from McGinn in the SPL. 

• Haha 1

I am just wondering, if being moved further forward, we have lost that bit of ball winning from him and arse roll, He used to win crucial duels and send us on our way, it seems to have disappeared.....it seems like he has been told he can score goals and he is waiting for the pass that he used to create, but know one is now doing it.

just a thought......but he has lost his effectiveness.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

When I have watched Villa this season I have noticed he is playing in a more advanced role and therefore is tending to get into more scoring positions and has scored a few.

I feel his better position ( as at St M and Hibs) was slightly deeper,  fighting and breaking play up ( with the arse roll 😀)  before setting the attack up. Smith et al obviously want his ability further up the field nearer the penalty area but unfortunately faced with Premiership quality defenders he is obviously not having the same effect. When he first went to Villa he was also taking deadball situations whereas now he is on the end of the freekicks etc.

• Like 3

For the first time in a long time I could see John on the bench tomorrow.

It's 3 of 4 centre mids, someone is missing out. The real John was stirring against Chelsea but he still wasn't at his best. Nakamba has to start for me, Luiz has earned his place and Hourihane at home makes more sense than at the blades.

If it's tight, no one will give the crowd a bigger lift than McGinn coming on after 60 mins.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Looks a Championship standard player at the best of times. Probably the most overrated player we've had in a long time. His weight of pass is truly awful and doesn't make good decisions on the ball. Tries hard but woefully lacking in quality.

And some were saying he was more important than Jack.

He needs to play deeper or not at all. 

He's never been the most cultured footballer, it's all about his engine and workrate.

Against cloggers in the championship that works, but in the Premier League he's up against far better footballers who are also just as quick and strong

16 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

ManU still paying 25 mill for him?

I'd snap their hands off. The £50m stories were absolutely nonsense. 

Â