John McGinn

PompeyVillan

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My question the other day around whether SJM might struggle to get into the team with all the signings we’ve done, I would just like to retract please 😭😭😭 

My account was hacked, that was posted and I managed to gain control of my account again afterwards and none of your can prove otherwise 😂😂😂 

Our midfield has so many options now...it’s so incredible.

Nothing wrong with questions. SJM has the answers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I really hope we insert a ridiculous buyout clause into a new contract when his form continues throughout this season. No doubt in my mind he will make the step up and be a solid PL performer. He is the embodiment of everything you want your football club to represent. Gritty, hard working, dedicated with bundles of quality on top. Jack and John, the best £2.5m midfield anywhere in the world.

Why would you hope we insert a buyout clause?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brommy said:

Nothing wrong with questions. SJM has the answers!

Never doubting his ability obviously just couldn’t see players we are buying being brought in to sit on the bench hence the question.  

Obviously different formations have different players fitting and without doubt SJM was in a lot of those formations but buying so many midfielders it was just a question whether he might miss out.  

Today just showed (ok only a friendly) what a talent he is and he maybe even better knowing the talent sitting on the bench waiting to take his place.  

Looking forward to a great season ahead.

Edited by nick76

On 25/07/2019 at 16:04, useless said:

There was a video of him going around on twitter, with him at some sort of restaurant, and the chef cut some meat up and then hand fed it to McGinn. Not sure what was going on but it looked like one of these places that's become popular amongst footballers and other celebrities because of some gimmick that's made it famous on social media, see 'salt bae'. It did make me think though...  Found the video...

It's just the kind of random shit that people do on holiday? Says more about Dubai than it does about John McGinn.

Goals like his today is why the top 6 will come in at some point, if the players like Mcginn have an excellent season and the likes of man u, spurs, arsenal will try to draw them away from us with crazy offers at some point. I feel it's a tactic that they will no doubt deploy down the line against us, thats if we start posing a threat that is. You know if those crazy offers start to come in its because the top premier teams are noticing and starting to feel threatened that they'd do anything to keep us down.

Mcginn could set the league on fire, he has the ability too raise his value and show the world what he's made of, his stamina, work rate, speed his exceptional.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Goals like his today is why the top 6 will come in at some point, if the players like Mcginn have an excellent season and the likes of man u, spurs, arsenal will try to draw them away from us with crazy offers at some point. I feel it's a tactic that they will no doubt deploy down the line against us, thats if we start posing a threat that is. You know if those crazy offers start to come in its because the top premier teams are noticing and starting to feel threatened that they'd do anything to keep us down.

Mcginn could set the league on fire, he has the ability to and to raise his value and show the world what he's made of, his stamina, work rate, speed his exceptional.

I totally agree. Remember when we were in the prem' before, and we were so angry if any assumed we were a 'selling club'? Well, Purslow admitted that this is our strategy from this point. Pick up players like McGinn for next to nothing, get some years of top quality out of them, sell them on with a 5x - 10x multiplier. We then plough that money into the squad.

I'm just enjoying his performances and him being in claret and blue. He's a class act, seems v down to earth and likes the craic.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Well so we dont lose him..

hence why I said a ridiculous one, ala Neymar. 

to protect ourselves from losing him. Pay the 500m or do one

Not having a buyout clause at all would be even better protection. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Mcginn could set the league on fire, he has the ability too raise his value and show the world what he's made of, his stamina, work rate, speed his exceptional.

We will be top 6. Lol Arsenal and Spurs are penny pinchers

Lazy journalism. Scored a great goal today in a friendly and so he must be on his way.

Daily Record

Sir Alex Ferguson wants Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to sign Scotland international John McGinn, according to a report.

The Aston Villa midfielder has emerged as a firm favourite after a stunning debut season in Birmingham and took his standing with the Villa faithful onto a new level on Saturday with a stunning goal in the friendly win over Charlton.

Now Red Devils legend Sir Alex - who still has a strong influence at Old Trafford - wants to see the 24-year-old at United, according to the Sun.

Ferguson sees the energy and goal threat of McGinn as ideal for a problem area in Solskjaer's side.

Manchester United were loosely linked with a move for the former Hibs star last month. But Villa rate the player - who they signed for just £2.75million 12 months ago - at £50m.

McGinn was on top form with a double in the win over Chalton. His second saw him win the ball on the right flank, shrug off a heavy challenge before rounding the keeper at an angle and slotting home.

If SJM goes and we use the money to buy Phillips, Butland and Benrahma, then go on to complete the deal for Marvelous and add a striker with some of the money we had earmarked for the three mentioned, are we happy?  

Edited by DaveAV1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We will be top 6. Lol Arsenal and Spurs are penny pinchers

Not this season we won't be and they will use any strategy they can to clean us out of our best talent, it's the talent that threatens there place. Soon as we start sniffing mid table, watch those crazy offers start flooding in for our stars.

I just hope they are prepared to heartbreak, our Owners won't let any of our stars go who are taking Villa to the heights we want to be.

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I totally agree. Remember when we were in the prem' before, and we were so angry if any assumed we were a 'selling club'? Well, Purslow admitted that this is our strategy from this point. Pick up players like McGinn for next to nothing, get some years of top quality out of them, sell them on with a 5x - 10x multiplier. We then plough that money into the squad.

I'm just enjoying his performances and him being in claret and blue. He's a class act, seems v down to earth and likes the craic.  

I don't think we will sell anyone now, our owners have a plan and it's success the plan is, you can't be a seller club and top club at the same time. Winning things is what our chiefs are about and it's about damn time we got that kind of ownership.

Mcginn won't be sold until we eye the next Mcginn replacement who's as young, hungry and as skilful as he is.

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Guarantee you if he hadn’t scored that goal today that story wouldn’t come out.

It had come out after the play off final, I had read a similar story on Fergie wanting Mcginn at man u.

Â