John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Not this season we won't be and they will use any strategy they can to clean us out of our best talent, it's the talent that threatens there place. Soon as we start sniffing mid table, watch those crazy offers start flooding in for our stars.

I just hope they are prepared to heartbreak, our Owners won't let any of our stars go who are taking Villa to the heights we want to be.

They will if the money is right and the scouts and coaches think they can reinvest it to improve the squad. Juventus have history for winning the league and then selling  their big stars for daft money and then replacing them.  I think for example they sold Zidane to Real Madrid straight after winning the league. 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think we will sell anyone now, our owners have a plan and it's success the plan is, you can't be a seller club and top club at the same time. Winning things is what our chiefs are about and it's about damn time we got that kind of ownership.

Mcginn won't be sold until we eye the next Mcginn replacement who's as young, hungry and as skilful as he is.

i dunno, for the next couple of years i think every one of our players will have their price, hopefully it will be a good price and that money will be wisely reinvested in the players if we do sell, if i understand the owners correctly?

The only player who possibly that doesnt apply to is Grealish as he's more of a talisman/mascot?, but who knows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

They will if the money is right and the scouts and coaches think they can reinvest it to improve the squad. Juventus have history for winning the league and then selling  their big stars for daft money and then replacing them.  I think for example they sold Zidane to Real Madrid straight after winning the league. 

Unfortunately, everyone has a price somewhere along the line..

We have different men now running the show who don't just snap the hands off in the first sign of any offer.

We also don't need the money and it will be a hands off warning issued.. (also depends how much Man Utd would be prepared to pay to make those hands move aside)

• Like 2

Purslow said that we only want to sign players who will increase in value for the club (as in get better on pitch), or increase in value in transfer market, he didn't mean that we have a buy to sell policy. Only way McGinn will go is if he forces a move out of the club, but at this stage I doubt United even want him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It had come out after the play off final, I had read a similar story on Fergie wanting Mcginn at man u.

I know. I still stand by what I said. The original story was also by Nixon. It resurfaced with Fergie apparently wanting him to sign strangely after he scored today and the goal went viral. 

5 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

McGinn is staying. People need to calm down.

Nobody is saying he's going, think it's you that needs the chill pill, we are just having talks over whether we are a selling club or not. I think we are not a selling club and Mcginn or any of our players wouldn't be sold regardless because our Owners do not need money from the sale of our players, they rake enough of that in from other business ventures.

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I truly think he will end up at utd. For me it's just a matter of when. I would like nothing more than to be wrong though. 

Not a chance, why would you think such a thing, next to Grealish, Mcginn is to much of an asset to let go for any price.

If our club needed the coin, we would of sold Grealish and Mcginn soon as we joined the prem.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I truly think he will end up at utd. For me it's just a matter of when. I would like nothing more than to be wrong though. 

I think you don't understand the wealth and ambitions of our new owners

• Like 1

I see the vultures have started already......We need players like McGinn, to stay up....... I just hope the owners have the resolve to tell them to " get te **** "

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think those days need to end.....else we will be back where we have just spent over 10 years.

• Thanks 1

It could happen, that doesn't mean it will, but you should get real if you think we will resist every single advance absolutely from now until we win the Champions League.

For an entertainment business owner, there is always a balance to be struck between stoking the emotional (generating hope) and being pragmatic (raising funds).

We just don't like the pragmatism suggested here because it messes with our karma and the narrative of our fast tracked, never ending glorious rise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ozvillain said:

He won’t go this season, he’s too crucial as part of the spine of the team from last year. Once new players settle though could be a different story in 12 months

We aren't a selling club with new owners. You think Edens would sanction sale of Giannis from the Bucks?

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We aren't a selling club with new owners. You think Edens would sanction sale of Giannis from the Bucks?

Selling a key player wouldn't automatically make us a "selling club". It happens.

A lot of people have been stung by that period 2009-11 where we lost Barry, Milner, and Young in consecutive summer windows, and every time it took the wind out of our sails, and sapped our spirit.

But Spurs (Bale) and Liverpool (Coutinho) have shown how you can occasionally cash in on a star player, and use that cash to make your team stronger. Do you think either club would be in the position they are now if they hadn't done that?

Let's say McGinn has an amazing season for us this year, and then one of the desperate, wealthy basketcases of European football (i.e. Man Utd or Real Madrid) offer us £250m for him. I think we at least consider it...

Anyway, we all seem to be arguing over the brain droppings of that word removed Alan Nixon, so nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Â