John McGinn

PompeyVillan

5 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Maybe next year after a good year it could be good business.

Now it just seems that the timing isn’t right it will derail all the good feeling around the club.

He symbolises the excitement we all feel about the future,in fact when I think of the reborn Aston Villa I think of John McGinn celebrating at Wembley after the second goal,it was like one of us had put it in ourselves!

I do agree that he’s a part of the new Villa revolution and a sense of keeping the group together is very important. The other thing is that NSWE may want to make a point in the same way as we did with Jack last year. 

Either way we’re in a good place now and I don’t believe we’ll be forced into doing anything that’s not in the best interest of the club. In the past we sold our best players under duress and didn’t replace them in anyway adequately. That’s not going to happen anymore. Even if a player wants to go, the money will have to be right for us and plans will be in place to replace him. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bose said:

Lazy journalism. Scored a great goal today in a friendly and so he must be on his way.

Daily Record

So let me understand this.

Straight after the game, some hack breaks the land speed record to slide on the bar stool next to Sir Alex, to get his opinion about John McGinn, and it magically appears before the press deadline?

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Would be a massive blow, alongside Jack he is the heart and soul of the team. If United did something really silly, like £100m type silly then it would be hard to knock that back but I hope the fact that seemingly we don't need to sell, coupled with the new found spirit on and off the field as a club and the fact that he was key in getting promoted will mean he stays.

I think he'd want to have a crack in the PL with us to be honest himself, it's everything he's been busting a gut for over the last season.

Just now, rendelc said:

I have bought Mcginns premier league goals for the season . Spreadex did have him on 2.5 . £50 a goal . So if he scores 5 ,  I would make £125 .  Thoughts ? 

I think that's decent. Surely in the season he'll get at least 2.

Think John would be crazy to go to Man U. I actually think we might finish above them this year, and I don’t think we’ll get higher than 16th. They are going to be a car crash.

Who would want to be in a midfield with a twunt like Pogba who would moan that John is making his hairstyle look bad, or some other diva bulls***

• Haha 3

The simple truth is Man U are not the draw they used to be. They may not have realised that just yet! I doubt their manager will last the season and star players are queueing at the exit. Yes they are a big club but miles behind the like of Liverpool and City and probably will struggle to better Spurs and Arsenal and maybe Everton so overall not a great draw.

McGinn is young and can afford to wait for a bigger club even assuming he wants to go. If he has a stellar season in a struggling Villa side I could see him go for a very large fee this time next year. It’s just lazy journalism yet again from Nixon on a par with McGinn going to Leicester because of Rogers - tbf not sure if that was Nixon but the same principle. 

The owners and CEO are no pushover these days and we are not a selling club. If McGinn wants to go which I seriously doubt then we will screw Man U for massive fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

How do these b****** journalists keep getting away with all these incessant lies and attempts to destabilise clubs?

They've got to be answerable for this kind of shite, it’s an absolute joke. They should completely lose all credibility and be ridiculed...

Arent they regulated by any kind of authority?

Effing hate them.

I am sure MON sued a few journalists for making up rumours before so they were always reluctant to post about Villa

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Not a chance, why would you think such a thing, next to Grealish, Mcginn is to much of an asset to let go for any price.

If our club needed the coin, we would of sold Grealish and Mcginn soon as we joined the prem.

No smoke and all that. I just think there is more to this than meets the eye. Like I said, hopefully I'm totally wrong.

2 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Maybe next year after a good year it could be good business.

Now it just seems that the timing isn’t right it will derail all the good feeling around the club.

He symbolises the excitement we all feel about the future,in fact when I think of the reborn Aston Villa I think of John McGinn celebrating at Wembley after the second goal,it was like one of us had put it in ourselves!

I think you are spot on.....we are still in the embryonic stage of development, its too early, the roots haven't taken yet.

equally, john himself is developing his game.....Man U is a club in relative turmoil and transition and everything is so uncertain.....If i was John McGinn, i would be thinking, if Paul Pogba is having trouble there, what chance have I.

So much is happening at B6 right now, its an exciting place.....John will be very aware of that.

No one is questioning the pulling power of ManU.....but like we did,they too are going through a dark time, not the best time to join them.

Edited by TRO

Lets not get to far ahead of ourselves. Yes Utd are currently poor and slumping but make no mistake. They are still the biggest club in this Country and probably only 3rd globally to Madrid and Barca if that. A manager change for them could quite easily be the catalyst for them to  turn a corner as we have. That being said there is no way McGinn is joining that retarded setup anytime soon. Nobody is going to destabilise us or unsettle us with silly reports of impending bids. If they do I am sure as shit they, as any club mooching at our top players, will be told to sling it. It's all nonsense. We don't need anyone's coin anymore unless it suits us.

The only way we will lose any of our current core of players in the next 18 months is if we fail to stay up and they want to leave. We've brought players to mould and peak with us, not to feed others. It's all bollocks anyway. 

• Like 1

If they really did bid 50m, it would make it very difficult for us as a club and him as a player to turn down. One pundit recently talked about Maguire and said when united come calling, you have to force the move. The future could hold a broken leg and the chance may never arrive again. I love SJM but we need to be realistic.

• Like 1

Â