John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I genuinely think he can become one of the best central midfielders in the league. He has every attribute to his game you’d want from a midfielder. He works extremely hard, he tackles, he can pass, he can shoot and he has that bit of genuine quality when it matters.

He’s the complete all round player and I think he’ll get better. If we’re looking to offer him a new contract with a release clause, I wouldn’t look at putting in anything less than 75m with the way the market is going. 

Love him.

• Like 3

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I genuinely think he can become one of the best central midfielders in the league. He has every attribute to his game you’d want from a midfielder. He works extremely hard, he tackles, he can pass, he can shoot and he has that bit of genuine quality when it matters.

He’s the complete all round player and I think he’ll get better. If we’re looking to offer him a new contract with a release clause, I wouldn’t look at putting in anything less than 75m with the way the market is going. 

Love him.

He runs like he's chasing a helicopter

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Love him.

This. He is as close to Scholes as they come. No wonder manure are "interested". 

• Like 1

Such an example and inspiration to the rest of our players, should be able to lift the level of those around him this season. So lucky to have him & Jack in the side and they are going nowhere!

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

You have to feel for Alan Nixon. It can't be easy blocking all the football fans on Twitter who called you a nonce for making up rumours about their clubs key players

How do these b****** journalists keep getting away with all these incessant lies and attempts to destabilise clubs?

They've got to be answerable for this kind of shite, it’s an absolute joke. They should completely lose all credibility and be ridiculed...

Arent they regulated by any kind of authority?

Effing hate them.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Oh n Man U can f*** right off! Always despised them and their sly ways. Hated them since they tapped up Yorke & Bosnich and destabilised us just when we were looking like genuine PL contenders. Gregory did a great job but just didn’t get the right backing and conditions to do as well as he could have.

Apologies for the aggressive behaviour this morning 😆.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

This shows the difference of having a system, both on field and recruitment, that if any of our players go they can be replaced. 

We are in a good place atm, light years away from how things have been over the last 10 years at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Selling a key player wouldn't automatically make us a "selling club". It happens.

A lot of people have been stung by that period 2009-11 where we lost Barry, Milner, and Young in consecutive summer windows, and every time it took the wind out of our sails, and sapped our spirit.

But Spurs (Bale) and Liverpool (Coutinho) have shown how you can occasionally cash in on a star player, and use that cash to make your team stronger. Do you think either club would be in the position they are now if they hadn't done that?

Let's say McGinn has an amazing season for us this year, and then one of the desperate, wealthy basketcases of European football (i.e. Man Utd or Real Madrid) offer us £250m for him. I think we at least consider it...

Anyway, we all seem to be arguing over the brain droppings of that word removed Alan Nixon, so nothing to see here.

Spot on, if the deal is good for the future of AVFC then that’s all that matters. 12 months ago we were all accepting that Jack would have to go to survive. Now the picture is entirely different, if we cash in to reinvest and move forwards, that for me is equally acceptable. 

Obviously we form bonds with players as fans but players come and go it’s the club that matters. If the McGinn rumours are true, perhaps we are replacing him before he goes, Luiz and Marvelous both sound like replacements.

If we go on to spend another big chunk of dosh on Phillips, Butland, Benrahma and a striker then let John go on deadline day for daft money I think that would be good business. We can take any deal to the line and walk away if need be, as actually having the cash isn’t a problem, it’s just ffp that’s the issue. That can be sorted at a later date. 

Selling from a position of strength isn’t a problem. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Love him.

You forgot his best attribute.

Blocking players with his arse.

• Like 1

I really don’t think that any of our owners, CEO, management are imbeciles - for once.

The days of F off Faulkner are well behind us 🤣🤣

That is all.

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nope. Big difference is. Scholes can't tackle. 

To my recollection he did it well enough back in the day. Perhaps he became a little soft towards the end of his career. 

The similarities are there regardless. 

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Selling a key player wouldn't automatically make us a "selling club". It happens.

A lot of people have been stung by that period 2009-11 where we lost Barry, Milner, and Young in consecutive summer windows, and every time it took the wind out of our sails, and sapped our spirit.

But Spurs (Bale) and Liverpool (Coutinho) have shown how you can occasionally cash in on a star player, and use that cash to make your team stronger. Do you think either club would be in the position they are now if they hadn't done that?

Let's say McGinn has an amazing season for us this year, and then one of the desperate, wealthy basketcases of European football (i.e. Man Utd or Real Madrid) offer us £250m for him. I think we at least consider it...

Anyway, we all seem to be arguing over the brain droppings of that word removed Alan Nixon, so nothing to see here.

I'd agree with this, but it's a bit different for us this summer as we are having a total rebuild. I think it's important to have and keep whatever relations we got left, i.e. Grealish and McGinn going into this PL campaign. 

I am not against selling players and running the club on a profit, I'd prefer that to wait for another year. 

Oh and my price would be higher than £50 mill. More like £75 mill. 

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Spot on, if the deal is good for the future of AVFC then that’s all that matters. 12 months ago we were all accepting that Jack would have to go to survive. Now the picture is entirely different, if we cash in to reinvest and move forwards, that for me is equally acceptable. 

Obviously we form bonds with players as fans but players come and go it’s the club that matters. If the McGinn rumours are true, perhaps we are replacing him before he goes, Luiz and Marvelous both sound like replacements.

If we go on to spend another big chunk of dosh on Phillips, Butland, Benrahma and a striker then let John go on deadline day for daft money I think that would be good business. We can take any deal to the line and walk away if need be, as actually having the cash isn’t a problem, it’s just ffp that’s the issue. That can be sorted at a later date. 

Selling from a position of strength isn’t a problem. 

Maybe next year after a good year it could be good business.

Now it just seems that the timing isn’t right it will derail all the good feeling around the club.

He symbolises the excitement we all feel about the future,in fact when I think of the reborn Aston Villa I think of John McGinn celebrating at Wembley after the second goal,it was like one of us had put it in ourselves!

• Like 3

The thing that worries me is he has all the attributes that will attract the likes of Plop and City too. Pep and Klopp will soon notice if they havent already that this guy is 100% blood and thunder every single week, you cant help but admire the attitude. And these are the clubs that are winning things and have more of a lure than United. The thing in our favour though is the obvious bromance with Jack, and the fact we can now be competitive with wages now, and McGinn doesnt seem the type to angle for a move away. We can hopefully match the ambition of top players nowdays by showing serious progress in the league.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I think those days need to end.....else we will be back where we have just spent over 10 years.

Well said and spot on.

You would have thought people would of got the no selling club after we've had ample chances to sell since the Owners came in.

It's like what do the Owners have to do to stamp no selling club on Villa, maybe they should add it in bright colours to the ground, they would still question it though.

Â