John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I love Mcginn. I think he’s class and hope he stays with us for years. But I doubt the club would say no to 50 million.

But the simple fact is no clubs is going to offer 50 million for a player with one successful season in the Championship. 

It’s all bollocks.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Minor point but look at Hogans reaction to the goal. 

Yeah he’s looked depressed all preseason and knackered too, he’s been given a big opportunity and should be making the most of it. Get rid.

There is not many players you will find, that will chase the ball down in the way McGinn does never mind the twinkle toes stuff afterwards.

His work rate  and "eye of the tiger" approach to winning the ball is quite phenomenal......I'm not getting in to the debate about 50 mill, but there is not a player on every corner that can or will do that.

For me he is like an Andy Gray, with his approach to winning that ball.....they are not common place

In todays market, no I don't think I would accept 50 mill.....but of course it's much harder to do that work in the Prem.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is not many players you will find, that will chase the ball down in the way McGinn does never mind the twinkle toes stuff afterwards.

His work rate  and "eye of the tiger" approach to winning the ball is quite phenomenal......I'm not getting in to the debate about 50 mill, but there is not a player on every corner that can or will do that.

For me he is like an Andy Gray, with his approach to winning that ball.....they are no common.

In todays market, no I don't think I would accept 50 mill.....but of course it's much harder to do that in the Prem.

He doesn't know when he's beaten and backs himself in all situations. I think he's going to steadily improve even more this season.

I wouldn't accept £50m.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah he’s looked depressed all preseason and knackered too, he’s been given a big opportunity and should be making the most of it. Get rid.

I think he knows he’s out mate. He’s being played to keep his fitness up. 

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He doesn't know when he's beaten and backs himself in all situations. I think he's going to steadily improve even more this season.

I wouldn't accept £50m.

It's not being offered. It's usual clickbait bollocks.

Player scores goal which might go viral on social, quickly start a rumour while he's part of the zeitgeist and wait for the clicks to come in. It's low rent lazy bollocks which people fall for time and again.  It's almost depressing. 

If we only had owners who had half a bill or under to there name then I'd say our owners needed to make money and would no doubt think that themselves. Considering the Owners funds are growing rapidly and Nas himself was said to be somewhere around the 342nd richest person on this earth, it stands to say that they would see any offer for players we deem to be important not worth there time. Our owners would of laid the plan out simple to the chiefs in charge of what they want, which is no doubt from the way they've spoke time after time, establish ourselves as one of the top prem clubs, which is a priority. We have heard the Owners speak a few or more times now and there response has never given any indication that we would be selling anyone, we have been in some pretty rough financial situations as well along the way with FFP as we kept hold of who was important to us which to me is a statement in itself.

I think we won't be selling anyone till we have established ourselves as a top prem club and a worthy European contender, makes more sense to do this first. After we have gain the Notoriety with players you have won things with, then clubs come knocking and then they have no choice to offer you big bucks because your on top. The only reasons a club at this early stage will offer big crazy offers is to derail us and take what talent we have, it will be more to derail us from ever reaching the top. It's been that way for such a long time in pinching lower clubs most skilled players and I dont think we're that feeder club any longer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I wouldn't accept £50m.

Wouldnt accept £150m just for the fact he is to precious as a player for us.

This is why I understood why championship clubs wanted such n such for there stars, it's all about what a player is worth to there club, there plans and the future of what's to come. It's tough to replace a player with someone of similar or better quality when you know you have found your player to fill that spot.

Edited by Dave-R

Story of £50m was weeks ago and it came up in conversation higher up the page. I don't think anyone has offered it.

25 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

It's not being offered. It's usual clickbait bollocks.

Player scores goal which might go viral on social, quickly start a rumour while he's part of the zeitgeist and wait for the clicks to come in. It's low rent lazy bollocks which people fall for time and again.  It's almost depressing. 

What's the point of a £100m+ spend..to help us stay in the division ...then selling a player which decreases our chances of staying in the division.

Only way he goes if he wants/asks to leave.

And Man U just doesn’t seem the big pull these days.  

Yes they are much bigger club than us, yes richest in the world but they aren’t in a good place in terms progress.  Disappointing squad for them, not much excitement around the place, 32 points off the league title last season (and bizarrely 32 points above relegation), no champions league football and their apparent star player in Pogba might be leaving.  

I don’t like our players leaving but if they do and I want them to do well then I hope it’s to a club on the up or at the peak and not to a team fumbling around.

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Why would we be particularly bothered about his fitness levels if he’s going?

Seems like a kind of professional thing to do.

edit: or we could say we don’t want you and we want to sell you so we’ll make sure you are not in a good state for prospective buyers.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

edit: or we could say we don’t want you and we want to sell you so we’ll make sure you are not in a good state for prospective buyers.

Or he is being shopped.  People forgot about him and then see him in our preseason games and remember him.

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s the professional thing to do to keep him fit I agree, but there are limits. He’ll be bought or not based on a number of reasons, but playing lots of minutes in preseason at the expense of minutes a player we are gong to keep is somewhat overly diligent. Unless we’re keeping him in the shop window, but overall I think the coaches have more important things to concentrate on with less than 2 weeks to go than the future of a player on his way. 

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s the professional thing to do to keep him fit I agree, but there are limits. He’ll be bought or not based on a number of reasons, but playing lots of minutes in preseason at the expense of minutes a player we are gong to keep is somewhat overly diligent. Unless we’re keeping him in the shop window, but overall I think the coaches have more important things to concentrate on with less than 2 weeks to go than the future of a player on his way. 

At the expense of who? There has only been Wesley and Davis with one of them being injured. If there was a lot of competition in that position he wouldn’t play, e.g. Tshbola.

Â