John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

If Man U really are after him, then I wouldn't accept anything less than £50m.

It’s more than likely a bullshit rumour if you consider the source but 50m wouldn’t be enough.

By January when the top six have gotten a good look at him he will be worth more.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some of the comments about Utd are situations that existed in their halcyon days.

those comments are now old and stale and are not reflective of a club desperately scrambling for consistency to resemble SAF's reign.

Its going to be a long haul back for them and i don't see it changing any time soon.

Totally agree. The comments are also reflective of our club under previous ownership, just willing to roll over because it is "Man Utd" and "Sir Alex Ferguson". That sort of attitude has contributed to us declining over the last few years.

Besides,  it is a long road back for United to the golden days - especially with the Glazers and Ed Woodward in charge.  I take comfort in the fact that any deal for McGinn will be on our terms, probably more than likely signing a new deal here than leaving for them. 

• Like 1

When United come calling, lol.

I wouldn't even answer the phone. Don't have the same pull as they used to have. I'd say Liverpool or Spurs have a bigger pull these days.  McGinn leaving for United would be a mistake for him and for us. In 12 months time he will be worth way more than £50m. Just my opinion of course

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Nobody is saying he's going, think it's you that needs the chill pill, we are just having talks over whether we are a selling club or not. I think we are not a selling club and Mcginn or any of our players wouldn't be sold regardless because our Owners do not need money from the sale of our players, they rake enough of that in from other business ventures.

Whatever, I don’t need a ‘chill pill’ thanks. I am very relaxed. 

Nixon has a weird little obsession with Villa. I appreciate we are probably one of the club's he is asked to cover for the s*n, but the sheer volume of shite he manages to spout about us in any given week is beyond parody. 

Every now and then he will land a blow, purely by accident I think, and he is labelled a soothsayer.

I still think we should not be crossing the picket by linking to that awful rag under any circumstances. 

Not that we're going to sell McGinn but I wouldn't accept any offer for him. £50m or more I don't care, might be stupid but to me he's priceless. He can do everything. 

However we perform I'm certain that McGinn himself is going to have a great year. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nixon has a weird little obsession with Villa. I appreciate we are probably one of the club's he is asked to cover for the s*n, but the sheer volume of shite he manages to spout about us in any given week is beyond parody. 

Every now and then he will land a blow, purely by accident I think, and he is labelled a soothsayer.

I still think we should not be crossing the picket by linking to that awful rag under any circumstances. 

I don’t know how and why he gets away with it, these “jerknalists” (I hate that word 🤣) frustrate the hell out of me. They should be punished for telling blatant lies and making stuff up. Any/many other professions allow that behaviour? Politics? 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well said and spot on.

You would have thought people would of got the no selling club after we've had ample chances to sell since the Owners came in.

It's like what do the Owners have to do to stamp no selling club on Villa, maybe they should add it in bright colours to the ground, they would still question it though.

Every club in England is a "selling club"

• Like 1

McGinn won't leave now, but if Man Utd are after him again next year, or Liverpool its probably a good thing. It probably means we've collectively had as good season and if if he becomes the player we want him to be then inevitably he'll move on at some point. To become a successful club we need to prove that if we do lose players for large sums of money, that we invest that money effectively. No team is above it, Spurs, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, even Liverpool have lost their players and gone on to win the Champions League.

Although I think there is a caveat in that if you lose 2/3 key players in a single window it will destabilise a team which has proven to be the case in the past for ourselves. I am a lot more confident in the current infrastructure, that if that happens we'll cope a lot better than when we lost the likes of Milner, Young, Benteke, Delph etc...

Onto the present though I do feel McGinn is really going to take these big matches by the scruff of the neck this season, and I am super happy we have some depth now as he's certainly going to need a rest at times.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, useless said:

Goal from a different angle...

The position Hogan takes up behind the defender......is hiding for me...jacks position wasn't brilliant either, too deep, should have gone in to the box for a pass and made a duplicate run.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It’s a case of, keep your knicks on Nixon, you talk a load of sh1t son. 

Â