John McGinn

PompeyVillan

9 hours ago, useless said:

One day he'll kick a ball for us and it will be the last time we ever see him kick a ball for us, and we won't even realize it at the time.

One day we will all take a breath and it will be the last time we ever take a breath, and we won't realize it at the time.

I guess the biggest problem is that he is good in our team for 60 or so minutes, then too knackered to do much else. In a better team he wouldn't have to be charging up and down the pitch like a lunatic constantly so his performance wouldn't drop off so drastically late in games. There were loads of jokes & memes about him running forever & never ending energy but it simply isn't true and you can see that every week this season

This article pretty much shows that Mcginn is pretty much playing off of Wesley sometimes even ahead of him as the second striker.  He really isn't doing a lot of the midfield work, which is fine because he is our #1 goal threat, but it shows why we had to get that extra midfielder in the lineup.  Can't wait til we get that double pivot lineup. Douglas & Nakamba with Mcginn, Grealish, and one of our wide men behind the striker.  I feel going forward that will be our preferred formation.  

• Like 1

Perhaps McGinn is doing too much and needs to reign it in a bit! Maybe be more selective with his battles and runs in order to conserve energy. Its difficult not to like what he does but with a bit more game management can be even more effective over 90 minutes. 

When you think of it, he's really our main threat. You'd like to let him press upfront without to much of defensive work. His defending will be upper the pitch and doesn't to waste all his energy up and down.

Shall we just do the tree formation with him and Jack behind the striker?

With Davis and his hold up play, I could see a lot of scoring opportunities.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

When you think of it, he's really our main threat. You'd like to let him press upfront without to much of defensive work. His defending will be upper the pitch and doesn't to waste all his energy up and down.

Shall we just do the tree formation with him and Jack behind the striker?

With Davis and his hold up play, I could see a lot of scoring opportunities.

I like the sound of that

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah never that much.

50m - 60m to City next summer I reckon.

He won't go to City IMO - too much squad rotation there. Little John likes to play footie so, for me, he will go to the Premier League champions - Liverpool. He's better than Fabinho and Wijnaldum and Milner is past it now. Super John would walk into that Liverpool side. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You never know. He is a pretty unique player and they have spent big on British in the past. Imagine how good he could be after a year of coaching from Pep. I think he would be superb for them. 

When JV said behave - think he meant you'd need to double that valuation :ph34r:

Â