John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Hat-trick is nice but lets not kid ourselves here, San Marino are absolutely shite. I would even give Kienan Davis a reasonable chance of scoring one against these

But could Scott Hogan? 😜 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Why are people so obsessed/paranoid about us selling him? STFU!

Here’s a few answers for you:

It’s a forum for discussion, and this is the John McGinn thread, and he’s probably our most valuable player at a time when prices have gone through the roof, so people might want to discuss the possibility of Villa bringing in £60m/£70m+ for a player and how that could be reinvested, even if we’d rather keep him.

Or, you know, you can just say ‘STFU’ and we’ll lock the thread if you like?

• Like 2

Man Utd fans absolutely drooling over him. Love to see it and how they think its 2004 and they can just take him. 

Looking forward to seeing Nasty Nas knock back any bid no matter how big. Dont think we'll be in the business of selling our best players for the forseeable future. Besides McGinn is clearly happy here playing with his bessie, and those Hibs fans said he's not the type to kick up a fuss. 

• Like 1

Confident neither he will want, nor the club need to let him move in Jan.  Hopefully we will be in a reasonably safe position by then.

What happens in the summer depends on where we finish IMO.  Go down and he'll be gone.  Scrape survival and it'll be touch and go - depends who comes in for him and where they are - but i'd think only one of the very big clubs would tempt him and if it's Utd, they would need to have turned their season round.  Finish around mid-table and I think he'd stay.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't know why it even bothers me as it's their modus operandi but TalkSport this morning discussing John McGinn and it instantly just went to 'would he be a good fit for Man Utd'.

How about talking about why he's such a good fit for Aston Villa!! Boils my piss.

One of the reasons I don’t listen to TalkSport. The same as I think the quality of newspaper journalism is shocking so the best thing I can do about it is not buy a newspaper. I know TalkSport and newspapers are still out there but they get to annoy me so much less by ignoring them.

11 minutes ago, brommy said:

One of the reasons I don’t listen to TalkSport. The same as I think the quality of newspaper journalism is shocking so the best thing I can do about it is not buy a newspaper. I know TalkSport and newspapers are still out there but they get to annoy me so much less by ignoring them.

I also don't listen. It's like "Sun Sport" on the airwaves. Utter shite.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't know why it even bothers me as it's their modus operandi but TalkSport this morning discussing John McGinn and it instantly just went to 'would he be a good fit for Man Utd'.

How about talking about why he's such a good fit for Aston Villa!! Boils my piss.

Because Brazil is all bitter and twisted from season 1980/81 and would do anything to undermine us.

The days have changed in as much as , the present owners have put the club in a financially stable place, where big transfer offers are only welcome, if we want them to be.

John McGinn and Jack Grealish are central to our rebuilding programme.....but they can have Taylor, funny Brazil didn't mention him.

Man Utd will always be a big draw, but John McGinn will be well aware of the big names who have gone there and failed.....and He will be also aware that since SAF the glory is definately not just around the corner.

John McGinn can realise all his dreams with us.

As long as he doesn't have a sell clause in his contract I think he'll stay. I don't think we'll need to sell even if they offered him 60m. Leicester took more than 80m for Maguire.

We ourselves spent 135m, we don't need to do that again, so we could easily spend 40-60m every window as an average. that could all go into one or two players.

No we do have assets, so if we're buying a winger, we have El Ghazi, Trez and those we could easily get 8-10m out of them. Last window we didn't get any cash through transfers. Even Jota we can get something out of him.

• Like 1

Â