Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

He will probably leave in the summer 

 

It's in our hands really.

If we keep improving, the spirit at the club remains high, and the owners will continue to back Smith and considerably strengthen the side, I think we have the makings of a damn good team and could keep our players for another year.

If not, yeah, there will be a lot of interest in some of our players, especially McGinn and Mings. You can tell they both love it here, but if the chance to win things comes knocking...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It's in our hands really.

If we keep improving, the spirit at the club remains high, and the owners will continue to back Smith and considerably strengthen the side, I think we have the makings of a damn good team and could keep our players for another year.

If not, yeah, there will be a lot of interest in some of our players, especially McGinn and Mings. You can tell they both love it here, but if the chance to win things comes knocking...

Grealish too. We have to accept that certain players will always move on but the key thing is we get big money for them and reinvest it.

Look at Leicester. In the past few seasons they’ve lost Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Maguire yet look stronger than they have for a while.  
 

Liverpool lost Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho and became champions of Europe. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Grealish too. We have to accept that certain players will always move on but the key thing is we get big money for them and reinvest it.

Look at Leicester. In the past few seasons they’ve lost Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Maguire yet look stronger than they have for a while.  
 

Liverpool lost Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho and became champions of Europe. 

Jack's case is a little different as he is Villa born and  bred. I don't think he dreamed of playing for any team other than villa. Only the very best teams have a chance of luring him away (current liverpool and city, barca, real Madrid) Spurs, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea can dream on!

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's in our hands really.

If we keep improving, the spirit at the club remains high, and the owners will continue to back Smith and considerably strengthen the side, I think we have the makings of a damn good team and could keep our players for another year.

If not, yeah, there will be a lot of interest in some of our players, especially McGinn and Mings. You can tell they both love it here, but if the chance to win things comes knocking...

Depends who comes knocking and how much £ they offer him a week

One of the problems being back in this league

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KHV said:

He will probably leave in the summer 

 

I am much more confident in the people leading the club that this is not a dead-on certainty. Providing we stay up of course.  I believe the club will genuinely try to build around our best players (like McGinn) in the coming years, similar to what Edens has attempted to implement with his NBA team. Hopefully our better players' effort will be rewarded financially and professionally as we continue to improve on and off the pitch. 

Furthermore, speculation is a healthy thing - I want our talent and team to be the envy of the league. The future is claret and blue. UTV!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's in our hands really.

If we keep improving, the spirit at the club remains high, and the owners will continue to back Smith and considerably strengthen the side, I think we have the makings of a damn good team and could keep our players for another year.

If not, yeah, there will be a lot of interest in some of our players, especially McGinn and Mings. You can tell they both love it here, but if the chance to win things comes knocking...

If we go down can see them leaving but we have seen the investment so far and football players know what they want, if they see genuine talent coming in they are happy to stick about. Think some people are still scarred by the false dawns of the Lerner days

Link to post
Share on other sites

McGinn, along with all of our better players will have the desire to play at the highest level and win things. Jack’s immediate aim is to get into the England squad and do well with Villa. Once thats achieved he’ll be looking towards the Champions League, same with McGinn. The key for us is to match that ambition by pushing up the league towards those CL places and by signing high quality players that will help us, and them achieve that. 
 

Much like in the MON years, players were happy until the ambition (money) ran out. If we’d actually qualified for the CL, I’m sure we’d have kept hold of our better players for longer. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

McGinn, along with all of our better players will have the desire to play at the highest level and win things. Jack’s immediate aim is to get into the England squad and do well with Villa. Once thats achieved he’ll be looking towards the Champions League, same with McGinn. The key for us is to match that ambition by pushing up the league towards those CL places and by signing high quality players that will help us, and them achieve that. 
 

Much like in the MON years, players were happy until the ambition (money) ran out. If we’d actually qualified for the CL, I’m sure we’d have kept hold of our better players for longer. 

Can you imagine zat knight and reo coker in the champions league

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends if you're restricted to weekends; Liverpool is sold out and the next weekend game at VP after that is in December. Otherwise it'd be Wolves on Wed 30th (you'd have to sign up as a member tonight or tomorrow and get tickets because they've nearly sold out) or Newcastle on Monday 25th Nov. Alternatively you could try to get a Liverpool ticket from a reseller

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He could do. If he continues his current form then the likes of Liverpool, Man U etc will come knocking on the door. 

Who would join manure these days?, it's debatable if they are even in the top 3 teams in the prem these days.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mcginn-hibs said:

Looking to come down to see him in the next few weeks, any recommendations on best game to go to ?

Honestly good luck getting a ticket. We're selling out every home game for what feels like the first time in my life. Away games you've hardly ever had a chance.

The cup game I'd avoid as he's not 100% to play.

He'll start every league game so eye up a date that suits you and wait online. Think Newcastle go on sale Nov 8th and Leicester 22nd

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â