18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

14 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It doesn't work like that, they decide once they know the teams. Police, travel etc. If we are playing the Albion we will likely be the early kick off on the Saturday for policing reasons, so Playoff A?

That's how I have it. If it was vs Bristol 4th vs 5th for example we would be evening kick off. However as its a Midlands Derby no doubt the police will mess it up for us even though there has never been any serious problems between us and West brom before. Its going to be the early ko I think. 

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That's how I have it. If it was vs Bristol 4th vs 5th for example we would be evening kick off. However as its a Midlands Derby no doubt the police will mess it up for us even though there has never been any serious problems between us and West brom before. Its going to be the early ko I think. 

No serious problems other than a major pitch invasion plus Baggies smashing up The North Stand. 🙁

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On ACTUAL performances I would actually have McGinn in there over Jack (Also because Jack has been out for a chunk of the season)

However I guess Jack edges it because of overall lift he has given us.

According to whoscored.com he has the best average rating in the country.  Missed those games through injury as we played so poorly might have saved his stats 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

No serious problems other than a major pitch invasion plus Baggies smashing up The North Stand. 🙁

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Any peobelms in the league? 

Neither league game has been moved for this reason this season. The games have been 8.00pm kick off away and 3.00pm kick off at home. Pretty sure no real trouble after either game. 

Also 2nd leg is going to be an evening kick off in any event and the 1 more likely, if any, trouble is going to be at. Don't think the police are quite as worried as with this fixture as with the Villa v Blues games; probably something to do with the other team involved in that one... 

• Like 2

With the debate on here as to if we should rest players on sunday or not does beg the question if Leeds cannot catch Sheffield on Sunday what will they do? Go for a win to try and give the crowd a boost or start preparing for the play-offs by resting a few key players.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

With the debate on here as to if we should rest players on sunday or not does beg the question if Leeds cannot catch Sheffield on Sunday what will they do? Go for a win to try and give the crowd a boost or start preparing for the play-offs by resting a few key players.

that is the question. I don't think Bielsa tends to rest players and some of their fans seems to be moaning about it. I'm sure they'll go for the win because of recent results. they need a confidence boost badly after their blunders against Wigan and Brentford. a three game losing streak is not likely something that they want. I think we should smash them and play a strong team and rest players against Norwich.

• Like 2

Our squad dept is better than Leeds and they have more to play for.

Can't see them resting players while there is still any hope of automatic.

Not that they'll be able to catch a 11 goal difference.