18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

we well and truly are this year's Fulham from last season. I think we'll achieve our goal this year. I have all the faith in this manager and these players. the other teams around us should be bricking it, if I were a fan of any of their clubs I would be.

Edited by osmark86

Congratulations to Sheffield United what a absolutely magnificent achievement promotion will be for them. 

Have to say if and its a big if we go up I think we would have best chance out of us united and Norwich to say up. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Leeds have completely bottled it. Maybe it’s young players not able to handle the pressure or fatigue due to style of play, but they look a shadow of the team earlier in the season.

Well the Leeds players  pre-game briefings would not have been as detailed as the first half of the season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Leeds have completely bottled it. Maybe it’s young players not able to handle the pressure or fatigue due to style of play, but they look a shadow of the team earlier in the season.

That and the accumulation of injuries they've had. Bielsa's teams always run out of gas due to his constant pressing style, so fatigue and injuries are always on the cards near the end of the season. Also saw that Alioski (sp) got injured in their last game too; looked like a ligament tweak. Er, shame that. 

• Like 1

Saw a stat before yesterdays game that if the league began on boxing day then Leeds would only be 9th! (probably lower now they lost again yesterday)

Nothing to fear.

I actually think it would be harder to beat WBA over 2 legs than Leeds in the final (if they even get past whoever finishes 6th)

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Derby vs Leeds be a grudge match too. The team they were caught spying on

Football has a funny habit of dishing out karma at times.

Think if Derby made 6th, the momentum they'd have vs Leed's hangover from missing automatics would have a huge impact.  Not to mention that they'd be massively up for it due to Spygate.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Saw a stat before yesterdays game that if the league began on boxing day then Leeds would only be 9th! (probably lower now they lost again yesterday)

Nothing to fear.

I actually think it would be harder to beat WBA over 2 legs than Leeds in the final (if they even get past whoever finishes 6th)

Yep - over 10 games Leeds are 4th in form. over 8 games they are 10th and over 6 games they are 12th.  They are plenty vulnerable.  Surprisingly it is Derby who are coming back into form now and might even be able to turn over a demoralised Leeds.  (If they don't manage the usual choke).

29 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Yep - over 10 games Leeds are 4th in form. over 8 games they are 10th and over 6 games they are 12th.  They are plenty vulnerable.  Surprisingly it is Derby who are coming back into form now and might even be able to turn over a demoralised Leeds.  (If they don't manage the usual choke).

To be fair though Leeds have done the double over both Derby and Bristol City. They could get a lift against either of them, particularly with the 2nd leg at home.

Against Boro they could only manage 2 draws. Seem to struggle to break them down and may not be able to come away from the 1st leg with a win. Just saying...

1st things 1st though, lets go and beat them :) 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we win our next 2 and Albion lost to derby we finish 4th. Is first leg away worth going all out in the next 2 games? 

I’m not sure it is.

It's likely not super worth it, but winning both games is worth it. We don't know what a loss or draw will do to our confidence as it's been that long since we last lost. I'd rather keep our winning ways at all costs.