18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Fortunately Boltons last 2 fixtures are dead rubbers anyway so awarding 3 - 0 defeats is pretty uncontroversial. 

What a sad sad time for their fans though. 

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

That would be my hope, but there was talk a few weeks back about deleting their results from the season.

That's only if they get wound up... which to be fair this could escalate to.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes, I guess if it is just players not playing then it should be a standard 3-0 forfeiting of the games. The winding up thing is a different issue I suppose.

Also they are playing Brentford and Forest I believe so shouldn't impact the playoff places if the games are forfeited.

On 24/04/2019 at 18:05, Made In Aston said:

Here are some dull stats for you... Over the last 20 years the playoff winners finished the season in the following league positions:

3rd 9/20 (2.25 x av) 

4th 2/20 (0.5 x av) 

5th 6/20 (1.5x av) 

6th 3/20 (0.75 x av) 

Average = 4

So 3rd of 5th are the most common. Makes sense, as 3rd have been the best of the rest over a whole season, so will probably have the better squad and 5th tends to be the team with momentum who has broken into the top 6 during the second half. 

Average is 4? Of the 20 teams promoted via the playoffs, the average number of teams promoted from positions 3-6 per position is 4?

4x4 != 20

Show your work. 

See me!

On 24/04/2019 at 18:05, Made In Aston said:

Here are some dull stats for you... Over the last 20 years the playoff winners finished the season in the following league positions:

3rd 9/20 (1.8x av) 

4th 2/20 (0.4 x av) 

5th 6/20 (1.2x av) 

6th 3/20 (0.6 x av) 

Average = 5

So 3rd of 5th are the most common. Makes sense, as 3rd have been the best of the rest over a whole season, so will probably have the better squad and 5th tends to be the team with momentum who has broken into the top 6 during the second half. 

Ameded! I think i had a brain freeze and fixated on the number of positions! 😔

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It could, but they are almost certainly going to roll any consequences now over into the off season given our proximity to it. In any case the winding up order is unlikely to be enforced given they have an agreement for sale in place. 

I say all this, but then it is the EFL and HMRC who have hardly covered themselves in glory throughout this... ever times. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ain’t their POTS Mason Mount?

Was just reading an article where they had their awards dinner this week.

Keogh got the players vote. Tomori won the official thing and the supporters vote apparently.