18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Correct

I think as Dem said they can be changed, but as a rule Match A is 3rd vs 6th and Match B is 4th vs 5th

i.e. our second leg will be the Wednesday as it stands

Yep. You would imagine the police will strongly advise the game to be moved to 12.30. I hope not it will be really irritating. 

Us and West brom don't really have the tension like with Blose. 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. You would imagine the police will strongly advise the game to be moved to 12.30. I hope not it will be really irritating.  

Dont see why - we've had plenty of games against WBA under floodlights. One this year, that 4-3 game at VP under Lambert, the league and cup wins in a week under Sherwood. Had a couple of other Monday night games too I think.

Barring the dark ages pitch invasion after the cup win, I cant remember any problems

Edited by StewieGriffin

36 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Dont see why - we've had plenty of games against WBA under floodlights. One this year, that 4-3 game at VP under Lambert, the league and cup wins in a week under Sherwood. Had a couple of other Monday night games too I think.

Barring the dark ages pitch invasion after the cup win, I cant remember any problems

Hopefully your right. But its what the police think. They may use the example of the villa Park cup games as a example. 

1 hour ago, Merson08 said:

After the Millwall game Aston Villa have 75 points out of a possible 132. The final projected points total will currently be 78 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 5th.

There is still 6 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 81 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 79 points that is points after 46 games. That has included of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.875PPG from Smith. Using 1.875PPG over the remaining 2 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 5th

UTV 

PURELY FOR COMPARISONS THE BELOW IS 10 GAMES AGO.

After the Stoke game Aston Villa have 45 points out of a possible 102. The final projected points total will currently be 61 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 12th.

There is still 36 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 81 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 61 points that is points after 46 games. That has included of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.36PPG from Smith. Using 1.36PPG over the remaining 12 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 12th

That 1.875PPG from Smith would have given us around 85 points over 46 games.

Obviously none of that is guaranteed but I can just imagine if he had been here from the beginning of the season, and we had this team!

• Like 1

Derby County - Bristol City(a), Swansea City(a), West Bromwich Albion
Middlesbrough
- Reading, Rotherham United(a)
Bristol City - Derby County, Millwall(a), Hull City(a)
Swansea City - Hull City, Derby County, Blackburn(a)
Sheffield Wednesday - Preston North End(a), Queens Park Rangers

3 of the teams still in with a shout of the last play-off spot all have 3 games next week. 

Derby have it in their hands but a tough 3 games to get 9 points from imo. A draw against Bristol City and 2 wins would be enough.
Bristol City also have it all in their own hands. They need to beat Derby to keep it that way.
Boro need to win both and hope Bristol lose one and Derby only pick up 4 points from here
Swansea need to string 3 wins together (inc. beating Derby in their game in hand) and need Bristol City to amass no more than 4 points, and Boro and Derby to get 3 or less.
Sheff Weds need 2 wins and for everyone else to keep losing really

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Scenes when we lose our next 2 games 4 - 0, and Bristol City and Derby win their remaining 3 games 3 - 0.

Related image

Bristol City and Derby can't both win all their remaining games  :trollface: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

There we go, a bit of Villa recognition. 

On ACTUAL performances I would actually have McGinn in there over Jack (Also because Jack has been out for a chunk of the season)

However I guess Jack edges it because of overall lift he has given us.

How do we know which playoff is 'A' and which is 'B'? I'd presume 3rd vs 6th is A and 4th vs 5th is B but I can't find it written anywhere.

If we get B I have no work for any fixture and A I have the exact opposite and need to plan ahead for how I'm going to avoid it all. Tense times.

16 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

How do we know which playoff is 'A' and which is 'B'? I'd presume 3rd vs 6th is A and 4th vs 5th is B but I can't find it written anywhere.

If we get B I have no work for any fixture and A I have the exact opposite and need to plan ahead for how I'm going to avoid it all. Tense times.

It doesn't work like that, they decide once they know the teams. Police, travel etc. If we are playing the Albion we will likely be the early kick off on the Saturday for policing reasons, so Playoff A?

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It doesn't work like that, they decide once they know the teams. Police, travel etc. If we are playing the Albion we will likely be the early kick off on the Saturday for policing reasons, so Playoff A?

Noooooo 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Here are some dull stats for you... Over the last 20 years the playoff winners finished the season in the following league positions:

3rd 9/20 (2.25 x av) 

4th 2/20 (0.5 x av) 

5th 6/20 (1.5x av) 

6th 3/20 (0.75 x av) 

Average = 4

So 3rd of 5th are the most common. Makes sense, as 3rd have been the best of the rest over a whole season, so will probably have the better squad and 5th tends to be the team with momentum who has broken into the top 6 during the second half. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Here are some dull stats for you... Over the last 20 years the playoff winners finished the season in the following league positions:

3rd 9/20 (2.25 x av) 

4th 2/20 (0.5 x av) 

5th 6/20 (1.5x av) 

6th 3/20 (0.75 x av) 

Average = 4

So 3rd of 5th are the most common. Makes sense, as 3rd have been the best of the rest over a whole season, so will probably have the better squad and 5th tends to be the team with momentum who has broken into the top 6 during the second half. 

Interesting, I think we are now the anomaly to a degree, not only do we have the momentum, we ALSO have the squad!

We just got in late!

• Like 3