18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I want us to remain unbeaten (and I think we will) would it be the worst thing to finish 6th? 

Cant decide if I’d rather play Albion or Leeds over 2 legs or in a one off game. 

Or Norwich ? 😉

( just joining in the theoreticals......if Norwich lose their last two 3-0 and Leeds Win by the same....)

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Game tomorrow gonna be so flat.  

Leeds will be more deflated than us you'd think though. They thought they had automatics in the bag already a while ago. We on the other hand have stormed into 5th and were not expected to, are still on an amazing winning run and even though Albion won today, they were expected to and we could still steal 4th on the last day.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Good, there should be a mutual understanding we both sleepwalk through it and save ourselves for the final.

We pretend to do that then proceed to smash them at 80 minutes scoring 4 goals in 10 minutes because we can. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good luck to Sheffield, they are an absolute joy to watch, not only do they play fast attacking football, they press, they win 50-50s, they fight for each and they run teams ragged.

A perfect example of how you get out of this division without throwing the club to the brink of implosion.

Now don't spend £100m on a load of mercenaries. Do it right. Good luck next season. I hope we meet again soon.

Not a dig at now and massive credit to them, very entertaining and have stayed the course when i thought they would fall away but they essentially play one centre back in defence when they are going forward. They'll get walloped next season if they try to play like they have been. Have to tailor it somewhat and be mindful of what they are coming up against .

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good luck to Sheffield, they are an absolute joy to watch, not only do they play fast attacking football, they press, they win 50-50s, they fight for each and they run teams ragged.

A perfect example of how you get out of this division without throwing the club to the brink of implosion.

Now don't spend £100m on a load of mercenaries. Do it right. Good luck next season. I hope we meet again soon.

Not a dig at now and massive credit to them, very entertaining and have stayed the course when i thought they would fall away but they essentially play one centre back in defence when they are going forward. They'll get walloped next season if they try to play like they have been. Have to tailor it somewhat and be mindful of what they are coming up against .

Interesting little sub plot...Sheffield United win means Norwich need 4 points to win title so that will go down to last game.

Pretty sure if Norwich do it they'll be presented with it on the VP pitch which would mess up our end of season clap with the fans so that might be a reason to take things more seriously next week although still expect a few players rested.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

So we are basically stuck 5th unless something drastic happens. 

I want to finish the season with our streak in tact to keep confidence high, but resting players is important. 

A position everyone would've taken six weeks back.

Of course I'd rather second leg at VP but with a full team we played very well at Hawthorns earlier in the season so don't think it matters a huge amount.