18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

On 24/04/2019 at 18:05, Made In Aston said:

Here are some dull stats for you... Over the last 20 years the playoff winners finished the season in the following league positions:

3rd 9/20 (2.25 x av) 

4th 2/20 (0.5 x av) 

5th 6/20 (1.5x av) 

6th 3/20 (0.75 x av) 

Average = 4

So 3rd of 5th are the most common. Makes sense, as 3rd have been the best of the rest over a whole season, so will probably have the better squad and 5th tends to be the team with momentum who has broken into the top 6 during the second half. 

Kinda all makes sense....However, we have been transformed and not representative of the team that started the fist 10 games....so I guess that throws a curved ball in, to the past.

Its all on the day, in the 3 games.IMO

19 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Derby, Swansea and Boro now winning.

Baker off injured at Bristol City.

Shocked gif

I wondered why you'd mentioned Swansea until I looked at the table and realised they could still sneak in to the playoffs if a few results go their way and they do Derby themselves next week.

Just now, privateer said:

I wondered why you'd mentioned Swansea until I looked at the table and realised they could still sneak in to the playoffs if a few results go their way and they do Derby themselves next week.

It's them in Derby's game in hand isn't it. real 6 pointer

Wednesday's mathematical chance is coming to an end today.

Rotherham 1-0 up!!

West Brom fans saying all week they don't fear Villa on WM . 1-0 down to Rotherham??? We won 10 games in a row, were smasing it, they should be shitting there pants, I think we should be able to control them to a 3-0 victory, some tired players out there today already.

I'm listening to the baggies game because I've come to visit my mom (her and her husband are both baggies fans). 

Baggies sound absolutely awful and the old girl is adamant we will beat them. 

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's them in Derby's game in hand isn't it. real 6 pointer

Wednesday's mathematical chance is coming to an end today.

Rotherham 1-0 up!!

Yep, the proverbial 6 pointer and a very big game for Bristol also. As things stand, failure to beat Millwall on Tue will see them done for this season.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

West Brom fans saying all week they don't fear Villa on WM . 1-0 down to Rotherham??? We won 10 games in a row, were smasing it, they should be shitting there pants, I think we should be able to control them to a 3-0 victory, some tired players out there today already.

Relaterad bild

• Like 3

1 minute ago, privateer said:

Yep, the proverbial 6 pointer and a very big game for Bristol also. As things stand, failure to beat Millwall on Tue will see them done for this season.

Derby have got Swansea and WBA yet to play. Boro away at Rotherham who could be down or needing a win to stay up. Bristol City face Millwall who look like they'll need a win to stay up at Rotherham's expense and then Hull. Swansea after Derby are away at Blackburn.

Loads of stuff could happen yet at both ends of the table.

Bristol City down to ten men against Derby now....

• Like 1

On 09/04/2019 at 21:53, rodders0223 said:

It's Bristol though. Lee Johnson will come out tonight with his cock hanging out,  giving it the big I am...and then lose the next 7.

On 09/04/2019 at 21:53, rodders0223 said:

It's Bristol though. Lee Johnson will come out tonight with his cock hanging out,  giving it the big I am...and then lose the next 7.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Derby have got Swansea and WBA yet to play. Boro away at Rotherham who could be down or needing a win to stay up. Bristol City face Millwall who look like they'll need a win to stay up at Rotherham's expense and then Hull. Swansea after Derby are away at Blackburn.

Loads of stuff could happen yet at both ends of the table.

Bristol City down to ten men against Derby now....

:lol: Damn. I'm glad our ticket is booked and paid for already and we're not involved in that nerve-shredding scenario.

• Like 1