18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why won’t we beat them? We’re so confident right now. They never faced Jack before. They are there for the taking

Can't see it. Desoite Leeds last two results they are very decent team. We haven't won there in years. 

If we had Tammy I think we have  a great chance. Not sure with Kodjia he is very hit and miss.  If West brom mess up then their is extra incentive for us to try get 4th going into Norwich game. 

Norwich should have title wrapped UK by final game so they won't really care about last game so if we need to win to get 4th then I fancy our chances. 

We were 19 points behind Leeds. In 10 games we've reduced the gap to 7.

Beat them and it's down to 4 points behind them. Baggies could be 2 points behind Leeds and we are two points behind them. None of us are scared of WBA, why should we be scared of Leeds? 

One of the Leeds fans on this forum suggested their rubbish against counter attacking teams. If it's Boro that make 6th, Boro could make it to the final....

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't see it. Desoite Leeds last two results they are very decent team. We haven't won there in years. 

If we had Tammy I think we have  a great chance. Not sure with Kodjia he is very hit and miss.  If West brom mess up then their is extra incentive for us to try get 4th going into Norwich game. 

Norwich should have title wrapped UK by final game so they won't really care about last game so if we need to win to get 4th then I fancy our chances. 

We havent won there in years as this is our 3rd visit in 15 years. Like saying we havent won at Bradford in years

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way we should be taking our foot off the gas over the next two weeks. Momentum is key going into the playoffs, if we can carry on this streak of wins it would be a huge psychological boost. Beating Leeds at Elland Road would both boost us and knock them.

Players looked a but tired yesterday, but they now have a week off to recover after 2 games in 4 days. Players can then be rested against Norwich, another team who's season could end next weekend.

McGinn wasn't up to normal standard but I think this may be more down to him being careful about bookings and not the fact he was overtired.

Play our strongest team available and look at resting players against Norwich if they need it.

Not gonna write Leeds off given we all thought Fulham might suffer a mental collapse just missing autos. That said, I read a few reports of the Leeds game, then also comments by fans and the manager about the players - it does feel like they consider themselves to have failed this season, and that does not strike me as a healthy mind-set to take into a hotly contested play-offs. Compare and contrast to Villa at the moment and we really might just win the mental battle if we do get to the final.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I don't think this bit is true! I'm not sure what's going on with this table.

I think the table is correct. They must have got the 9 points the EFL took away so they are on the same points 10 games later. 

Fulham got into the play off places relatively late on from nowhere, so even though they just missed out on autos, they still felt they had momentum. Leeds on the other hand have felt like nailed on autos and have now completely disintegrated. They wont catch Sheffield United now. No chance.

We can't take anything for granted. We might not make the final and it might not be against Leeds if we do. But if we do, we can take them.

I do think that whoever finishes sixth will beat them in fact. They're looking completely shot to be honest.

• Like 1

Had a friend of mine who is a Leeds fan watching the game with his buddies at work yesterday (i work as a chef at a sports-bar/gastro-pub).

It was fairly empty so you could hear them even in the kitchen, shouting at the tv getting more and more desperate.

I did not go out and ask how the food tasted :D 

They are really nice people thou and with having supported Leeds for many a year they've come to expect it all falling apart when it matters the most. Always afraid of getting their hopes up.

That said thou, looking at the table above from round 34 they were in 3rd, level on points with Sheff U. Ten rounds later they are still in 3rd, 3 points behind Sheff U.

Not exactly a collapse of epic proportions, yet.

Still rather avoid Bielsa, although i really don't fear Leeds as a team.

39 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I don't think this bit is true! I'm not sure what's going on with this table.

Birmingham received their 9 point deduction in the same period.  So they have actually collected 9 points in the last 10 games and then been deducted 9.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Leeds have completely bottled it. Maybe it’s young players not able to handle the pressure or fatigue due to style of play, but they look a shadow of the team earlier in the season.

IMG_20190423_093629.jpg

Among my friends are fans of Sheffield Utd, Boro, Leeds and WBA. The Blades fans are pretty confident of automatic promotion. The Baggies, Boro and Leeds fans are, to a man, shitting themselves at the thought of facing Villa. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

IMG_20190423_093629.jpg

Among my friends are fans of Sheffield Utd, Boro, Leeds and WBA. The Blades fans are pretty confident of automatic promotion. The Baggies, Boro and Leeds fans are, to a man, shitting themselves at the thought of facing Villa. 

Leeds fans are heart broken. Its going to be really difficult to lift the players. They really could do with winning last 2 to gain some momentum.

Albion look so average but seem to have a knack of winning games. They have so many goal scorers in the team. 

Boro are just s**t and if they make the playoffs that will probably be the only consolation for Leeds as even a demoralised Leeds should do them over 2 legs.

I still think Derby could sneak in.

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

We were 19 points behind Leeds. In 10 games we've reduced the gap to 7.

Beat them and it's down to 4 points behind them. Baggies could be 2 points behind Leeds and we are two points behind them. None of us are scared of WBA, why should we be scared of Leeds? 

One of the Leeds fans on this forum suggested their rubbish against counter attacking teams. If it's Boro that make 6th, Boro could make it to the final....

Imagine wba get 3rd and Leeds end up 4th. That would kill them

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Leeds fans are heart broken. Its going to be really difficult to lift the players. They really could do with winning last 2 to gain some momentum.

Albion look so average but seem to have a knack of winning games. They have so many goal scorers in the team. 

Boro are just s**t and if they make the playoffs that will probably be the only consolation for Leeds as even a demoralised Leeds should do them over 2 legs.

I still think Derby could sneak in.

Derby vs Leeds be a grudge match too. The team they were caught spying on

• Like 4