New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Oops. Schoolboy error. 

To be fair, that's even more likely his wages won't be huge. 

I am pretty sure there is not much money sloshing around Ukrainian football. I assume they get Champions League but they probably spend most of that to hang onto players. 

Probably an unpopular opinion but I would be  going for Chris Wilder at Sheffield United. I think he has a good blend of decent football and being hard to beat, knows the league, is getting the best out of what he has had at every club he has been at  and doing well at United  

I don’t want Big Sam, I don’t want Henry. 

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

People on FB want MoN back.

Aaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

I had to leave I was going insane.

He was there last night with Roy Keane (Probably watching Hourihane, Calum Robinson, Alan Browne and Graham Burke if he came off bench) all Irish players. They was both in Lions Lounge before and at half time as i went to game scouting and saw them both didn't bother say hello and know the reply i would have got.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oops. Schoolboy error. 

I am pretty sure there is not much money sloshing around Ukrainian football. I assume they get Champions League but they probably spend most of that to hang onto players. 

Their owner is silly rich and they are ranked as the 22nd richest football club in the world currently.

Edited by sne

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is there actually any evidence we are working with Mendez? 

I keep asking but no one can show me any direct quotes, just "journalists" spouting off. 

We didn't exactly flood ourselves with Mendez clients after the takeover. 

To best of my knowledge, we’ve only used him in an agent way. He’s not quite “in house” as the set up at Molineux (but that may not be the case).

I’d imagine he’s interested in being more involved due to the relative size of the club and the wealth of the owners.

If we appointed a manager with links to him I’d begin to believe that the relationship between club and agent is becoming stronger.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oops. Schoolboy error. 

shakhtar were minted, donetsk is in the petrol industry region, civil war might have changed that though, a couple of years back they were training miles away and the stadium had war damage to it, they win everything too so maybe he's on decent money but the life out there and the challenge isnt what it was

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

For the love of McGrath, when will people realise how betting works?

Bookies do not do lazy guess work. That's why they make vast fortunes from the general public. Odds are mostly dictated by money placed on bets, not by bookies having a wild stab in the dark.

Once a manager becomes odds on its normally a done deal.  

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

too big a job for Dean Smith

My money is on Paulo Fonseca :)

I see the Birmingham Mail also looked at Mendes clients list and are promoting this theory as well now :)

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/22901518

Dean Smith
7/4
John Terry
4/1
Paulo Fonseca
4/1
Brendan Rodgers
8/1
Thierry Henry
9/1
Carlos Carvalhal
14/1
Andres Villas Boas
16/1
Lee Johnson
16/1
Abel Ferreira
18/1
Nigel Pearson
18/1
Quique Sanchez Flores 
18/1
Sam Allardyce
18/1
Sami Hyypia
18/1
Alan Pardew
20/1

Fonseca up from 25/1 hour ago to 3rd favorite 

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Dean Smith, Smith has said if there is a chance then he wants the job.

My mate has just text me that insider knowledge, does that make me ITK?

I don't know anyone that knows anyone that knows Dean Smith.  Yet I could have told you that so No.  Doesn't count as ITK I'm afraid.