New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Is there actually any evidence we are working with Mendez? 

I keep asking but no one can show me any direct quotes, just "journalists" spouting off. 

We didn't exactly flood ourselves with Mendez clients after the takeover. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt he a friend of Bruce so where he got his transfer information

Not sure - thought he wrote the Bruce Out article today... 

No that was Kendrick

Edited by Jareth

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is there actually any evidence we are working with Mendez? 

I keep asking but no one can show me any direct quotes, just "journalists" spouting off. 

We didn't exactly flood ourselves with Mendez clients after the takeover. 

You won't find any links I hope, very dodgy legal ground if the club says he's officially on board.

Fonseca would be awesome but I really don't see it, we'd have to be matching Shaktar style wages and that would be a lot more than what Bruce was on.

14 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Bookies lay out their odds, so they were wildly wrong about Henry this afternoon. And lazies speculate, money follows them, then bookies react. As a matter of fact.

yep the bookies react using algorithms based on betting patterns, the more money placed the lower the odds

the odds of smith dropping means nothing other than money being bet on him, makes it no likelier to happen or ITK 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

You won't find any links I hope, very dodgy legal ground if the club says he's officially on board.

Fonseca would be awesome but I really don't see it, we'd have to be matching Shaktar style wages and that would be a lot more than what Bruce was on.

Is it? I thought we were paying Bruce more than most premier league managers, and there is much much more money in The Premier League than Germany. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

my biggest reservation about rodgers is these hoes aint loyal, he will get back in to the top 6 before we will, promotion followed by a half decent season in the PL and you can wave him goodbye

If any of the candidates for the next Villa manager can actually do that then I would be bloody delighted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Is it? I thought we were paying Bruce more than most premier league managers, and there is much much more money in The Premier League than Germany. 

Have Russia conquord Germany, must have missed that. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I'd have thought Champs league budget would stretch to more than £3m a year for the head coach?

Just had a quick google but can't find a figure...

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

You ever heard of Brown paper bags? I'm certain these owners have financial tricks up their sleeves to get to players and managers via agents and backdoors etc.

"I've been friends with the Shaktar owner for over 15 years, the private jet I bought him has nothing to do with football, just a gift amongst good friends" - Nassef Sawiris

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I want Dean Smith. Very good progressive manager who has done great things at Brentford. Villa is a different beast to Brentford, but I’d take the chance with him. Let him implement what he’s done at Brentford, and use the same style and model here. Give him complete freedom, down to every fine detail. Plus he one of our own. 

I'm with you on this.