New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That would be a brilliant appointment, Mexico were pretty disappointed he didnt stay on. Has worked in England and plays very attacking football

Only issue is that with Mexico when they lost they took a beating

You know this story links to Mick McCarthy right? ?

EDIT: Just realised it mentions Osorio too.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

with the aim of getting promotion and within 3 years getting a step up to a EL / CL team?

getting his family out of Ukraine? (shakhtar now play in Kharkov because of the war)

stranger things have happened

Yep who would have thought Bielsa would have gone to Leeds.

Stranger things have happened mate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

with the aim of getting promotion and within 3 years getting a step up to a EL / CL team?

getting his family out of Ukraine? (shakhtar now play in Kharkov because of the war)

I take that as an argument. But there are about 30 better teams in Europe that would offer him similar. 

And there is no guarantee of success here. Far from it.

Edited by Mic09

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We are a GREAT club. But a a small team who travels to rotheram on Tuesday nights.

A few years ago you'd have a point. 

Santos, formerly of Champions League competitors Porto joining newly promoted from league one Wolves changed all of the rules.

Edited by Sam3773

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He is very naive if he didnt know what was happening in Ukraine when he took the job ;)

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

A few years ago you'd have a point. 

Santos, formerly of Champions League competitors Porto joining newly promoted from league one Wolves change all of the rules.

Exception, not the rule ;)

Just now, Mic09 said:

Exception, not the rule ;)

Couple with Rafa not leaving Newcastle when they went down. 

It's a long shot, sure, but let's face it, he's no different to Rodgers. Yeah, they get a bit of CL football, but christ, who wants to be chilling in the Ukraine top flight for their career? 

Ambitious? Sure. Impossible? No. 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That would be a brilliant appointment, Mexico were pretty disappointed he didnt stay on. Has worked in England and plays very attacking football

Only issue is that with Mexico when they lost they took a beating

it is quite an odd shout for me as he just joined Paraguay recently but i think that would mean he would be attainable. But I think he would be an excellent appointment as well

Edited by Villaphan04
spelling

Anyone who embraces the concept of pass and move football. I'd love Dean Smith to be given the opportunity, who knows ? Could be hand in glove. I bet when Liverpool first appointed Bill Shankly, they considered him somewhat of a gamble. Look how that turned out, he built a philosophy that went on to dominate not just English football, but Europe too. That boot - room thing was something. 

Maybe Smith could become our Shankly, thing is, we won't know unless we give him the chance. I think he would walk here such is his passion for the club. You can sense it whenever he talks about the Villa. And that's what we as supporters need, someone who will connect with us . Please, no more turgid football managers, they'll be the death of me.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Also would look at Osorio as mentioned on the other thread. Though now it seems that we have become a relatively attractive proposition for managers. Hopefully this means some foreign coach is the man for us. (Dean Smith/Chris Wilder would be decent shouts as well).

• Like 1

It's sounding more like we will try and bring someone down from the premiere league from the way the media is saying it.

Also a chance of rafa benitez as media suggests but may not be possible due to the relationship between purslow and him.

It's like waiting for a present isn't it?