New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Media is saying it's possible purslow could be on the hunt for a premiere league manager, would make sense as well to bring one in who knows the job like the back of his hand and has way more success that failure.

Even read Rafa Benitez as a possibility but then suggests may not be possible due too the type of relationship he and Purslow had.

I think we will be seeing our CEO Christian Purslow bring in a big gun, I think that's what the owners would want no matters the cost they can afford it, then all eyes would certainly be on us to win promotion. 

If the owners want to see silver wear in the next five years or so, then the owners are going to have to splash that cash. We will see how devoted they are, bringing in a manager who's a Heavy hitter will show us fans they are not pulling any punches and are willing too do what it takes..

I don't see why no premiere league manager wouldn't want the challenge either, the money would be there and it is a high profile job and task in taking us up, it would do wonders for their history.

I'm really excited as to who we will get.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Couple with Rafa not leaving Newcastle when they went down. 

It's a long shot, sure, but let's face it, he's no different to Rodgers. Yeah, they get a bit of CL football, but christ, who wants to be chilling in the Ukraine top flight for their career? 

Ambitious? Sure. Impossible? No. 

Hotel? Trivago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Media is saying it's possible purslow could be on the hunt for a premiere league manager, would make sense as well to bring one in who knows the job like the back of his hand and has way more success that failure.

Even read Rafa Benitez as a possibility but then suggests may not be possible due too the type of relationship he and Purslow had.

I think we will be seeing our CEO Christian Purslow bring in a big gun, I think that's what the owners would want no matters the cost they can afford it, then all eyes would certainly be on us to win promotion. 

If the owners want to see silver wear in the next five years or so, then the owners are going to have to splash that cash. We will see how devoted they are, bringing in a manager who's a Heavy hitter will show us fans they are not pulling any punches and are willing too do what it takes..

FFP man. It’s real!!!

17 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It's sounding more like we will try and bring someone down from the premiere league from the way the media is saying it.

Also a chance of rafa benitez as media suggests but may not be possible due to the relationship between purslow and him.

It's like waiting for a present isn't it?

Not happening. I’ve also seen nothing to suggest it will a prem manager either. I’d like to think these new owners look beyond the “English football” experience malarkey.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I get your point I bet there are several clubs smaller than Rotherham in the Ukrainian top flight. 

But there are no greater clubs than Shakhtar in the Championship ;)

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

FFP man. It’s real!!!

Wonder how much staff wages got freed up, bet it was a ton, plus some players on the way out, FFP may not be so bad for it, maybe that's what the culling was for, a plan to bring in a top dog.

Does the FFP scam even apply to managers compensation? Either way I am utterly unconcerned about it.

Our new owners seem determined to ignore it or find a way around it through loopholes like all successful clubs these days. 

Its a joke regulation which is rightly treated with contempt by clubs that have ambition. We should do the same.

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

When do we think an appointment is likely to be finalised and announced?

The way the announcement said twice the search for a new manager has begun leads me to believe this was already underway before Bruce got let go. So it could be almost done already. 

But my guess is announced by the Swansea game, first match in charge Narrwich. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Oh well, it was a fun couple of hours dreaming we might get in a good manager :(

This must be said in jest?

I don't think the board will have sacked Bruce to bring in someone to achieve similar.

While I don't think we'll get someone like Rodgers, Blanc, Benitez or Hasenhuttl.

There are a number of managers within our grasp that should fire us up and out of this league.

Not to ruin the credibility of my post, but I wonder if Gus Poyet has been considered?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

So he's not going to quit his newly signed contract with the 22nd richest club in the world, currently playing in the CL for a Championship club mid season?

Shakhtar are the 22nd richest club in the world. That is a surprise.

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Shakhtar are the 22nd richest club in the world. That is a surprise.

Their owner is filthy rich and they play in the CL almost every season.

They also recruit cleverly with great scouting in especially Brazil and sell with big profits.

Fred, Douglas Costa, Teixeira, Fernandinho, Willian...

Edited by sne