New Manager Speculation

maqroll

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Mostly  ...but initially they come up with list of odds and names calculated by themselves. 

A point worth mentioning is that the early front runner rarely gets the job.

There's no doubt Allardyce will be backed by a number of people. Him being on the list isn't just lazy guess work. 

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The fonseca link is because some journalist read on here that fonseca and mendes have the same agent. 

That is literally all there is too it. Gutter journalism.

Really? more to it than that! not saying it will come off but he will be a contender hence why i have shoved money on it

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I just pray we don't end up with an allardyce or a moyes, if we're going to do this let's bloody do it right for a change. 

That is a worry, or someone equally as garbage. Just wonder what would happen if we don’t win for 5-6 games under the new guy.

28 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

For the love of McGrath, when will people realise how betting works?

Bookies do not do lazy guess work. That's why they make vast fortunes from the general public. Odds are mostly dictated by money placed on bets, not by bookies having a wild stab in the dark.

Bookies lay out their odds, so they were wildly wrong about Henry this afternoon. And lazies speculate, money follows them, then bookies react. As a matter of fact.

Edited by Django_Zooms

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Right, so he is the Premier League but he isn't happy with a lack of transfer funds and he will come to Villa, in the Championship and have almost no money whatsoever?

Hence the quote "very difficult". Of course he would have little money in the championship, but if he got the Villa  promoted that would change wouldn't it? It would come down to his ambitions, and if any the owners communicated to him.

Try reading things in context, rather than what you want to read.

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Really? more to it than that! not saying it will come off but he will be a contender hence why i have shoved money on it

Dont see anything in it myself. Shakhtar probably paying him a fortune as well

Genuinely don’t mind so long as they are working under a suitable director of football who will ensure the club has a defined philosophy on the pitch and rigorous development of players off it. 

Gun to my head and I’ll choose Henry, but I can’t not vote for the cabbage. 

• Like 1