New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He would turn us into a top 6 side if given the time and resources.

From that link (paraphrasing) his 4-2-3-1 is vulnerable to pace and long balls...thats pretty much everyone in the champion 

however he counters this with 2 quality centre backs ....so for that reason I’m out 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This guys main experience is Braga in a league that is weaker than the Championship.  

Not saying its a bad choice.  But its as big a gamble as Garde.

finished 4th last season which is probably expected for Braga but he's top and unbeaten after 6 games this season

Please give it to Terry.

You know lads, "Captain, Leader, Legend".

I witnessed Bielsa do a job on his more intelligent mate Frank a few weeks back, Marcelo going toe to toe tactically with the legend that is JT, I'm almost tempted to offer a charitable donation over and above my ticket price.

Make it happen lads, JT in ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

and he was a right back :detect:

Really? That's brilliant.

Anybody who is competent with photoshop can you please do a Paulo Ferreira with Abel Xavier beard (preferrably blond). Or even a Abel Xavier complete with blond beard with Paulo Ferreira's mop top? I need a vision of how this man looks.

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

His name got mentioned on the radio and people have speculated.  That's all that's happened.

A lot of speculation to drop odds from 33-1 to 3-1.  Managing in England and potentially in the Premier League will be tempting for him.  I suspect we would pay him handsomely too.  He's young, may have a young family.  Maybe he wants his kids to be schooled here.  UK education has one of the best reputations in the world.   I'd hazard a guess bringing his family up here would be more appealing then the Ukraine.  He could also be sick of having to travel 400 miles or so from Kiev to Kharkiv for every home game.

There are so many non footballing reasons a manager would leave Shakhter to join us.  I think this could have legs.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Dean Smith, Smith has said if there is a chance then he wants the job.

My mate has just text me that insider knowledge, does that make me ITK?

Yes and you could easily get a job with the national Press with such a vast network and  knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile, Sky Sports News understands Paraguay head coach Juan Carlos Osorio would love to manage Villa and is very interested in the job.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11516658/mick-mccarthy-would-welcome-aston-villa-talks-after-manager-steve-bruce-was-sacked

Not sure about this one tbf

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He would turn us into a top 6 side if given the time and resources.

After the first minute of this video I thought - to hell with Fonseca, get the scouting team on board. Although it's quite interesting when you watch it how that with a few simple steps the team can become very effective.

When you read this - https://theback3.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/paulo-fonseca-a-man-of-style-and-maybe-europes-next-coaching-commodity/, I see a few things that could cause us problems. The main one being.

Another way to avoid an opposition’s pressing trap on the flank is through movement on-the-ball (dribbling) by the full back. Only a full back with the rare combination of vision, precise technical ability, and street smarts (experience) can pull this off.

Is there a similar one done explaining Bruce's tactics? :trollface:

Edited by sparrow1988

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of speculation to drop odds from 33-1 to 3-1.  Managing in England and potentially in the Premier League will be tempting for him.  I suspect we would pay him handsomely too.  He's young, may have a young family.  Maybe he wants his kids to be schooled here.  UK education has one of the best reputations in the world.   I'd hazard a guess bringing his family up here would be more appealing then the Ukraine.  He could also be sick of having to travel 700 miles or so from Kiev to Donestk for every home game.

There are so many non footballing reasons a manager would leave Shakhter to join us.  I think this could have legs.

If he joins us, I will eat a hat.

No chance. Are people serious?

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

yeah. why not? your thoughts why people arn't?? love to hear

I think its because we, as Villa fans, are deluded. We are not a big team any more.

Leave CL to come to a stuggling 2nd tier football team in England?

14 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

That would be a brilliant appointment, Mexico were pretty disappointed he didnt stay on. Has worked in England and plays very attacking football

Only issue is that with Mexico when they lost they took a beating

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I think its because we, as Villa fans, are deluded. We are not a big team any more.

Leave CL to come to a stuggling 2nd tier football team in England?

with the aim of getting promotion and within 3 years getting a step up to a EL / CL team?

getting his family out of Ukraine? (shakhtar now play in Kharkov because of the war)

stranger things have happened

• Like 2