New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

In my view I think the selection process has been running behind the scenes for some time and is potentially unofficially some way down the line.

The signs this has been coming have been there and I don't mean the abject performances on the pitch.

First Purslow's silence, then the dispatch of a number of staff from BMH, the rumours of a DoF and then following the departure of Bruce the rest of his staff went as well. That isn't reactionary stuff after another terrible show and the odd flying cabbage, that is a pre-determined course of action taken by someone who has at least got a fair idea of what is coming next.

As for who comes next, I just don't see it being tried and tested British. I think they/Purslow will be a little more creative/ambitious/imaginative than that, I only hope it is someone who has a vision. Someone who is a coach, who works with players both individually and collectively on the training ground, a manager who drills his players, prepares his players... all the things so clearly absent at Villa these last 2 years.

Personally I'd love it to be Brendan Rodgers I really would, I think he is just the sort of appointment we need. Could we get him? Possibly not but it seems his time in Glasgow is perhaps coming to an end, we've very wealthy owners and this is probably their best opportunity to flex their muscle and to try and turn us around. Its only going to get harder with every season.

I do though think its more likely to be someone from abroad, possibly Mendes inspired. 

Lets just hope whoever it is, they are a progressive modern coach and watching Villa is no longer so bloody painful and perhaps even enjoyable.

Enjoyable? Are you serious? Get back to the 90's will ya?

Just now, AshVilla said:

Who the hell is Abel Ferreira

According to his wiki page he's already our manager

Time to put some money on, before it gathers steam

He's a mixture of former.... wait for it.... RIGHT BACKS, Abel Xavier and Paulo Ferreira. He's been brought in to get the best out of our army of RBs.

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Some guy on twitter kept saying it's him or Fonseca!! hmmm Ferreira

Top with Braga in Portugal at moment

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Can anyone explain why Fonseca is supposed to be so good? Guessing not many here watch the league games! Presumably he’s done well in the CL? 

Why is he so good..

- Shakhtar are one of the most attractive teams to watch in the UCL

- Tactically he is very flexible 

- He has been linked with top European clubs

- Considered one of Europe's top young coaches

A more detailed explanation is below.

https://theback3.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/paulo-fonseca-a-man-of-style-and-maybe-europes-next-coaching-commodity/

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

In my view I think the selection process has been running behind the scenes for some time and is potentially unofficially some way down the line.

The signs this has been coming have been there and I don't mean the abject performances on the pitch.

First Purslow's silence, then the dispatch of a number of staff from BMH, the rumours of a DoF and then following the departure of Bruce the rest of his staff went as well. That isn't reactionary stuff after another terrible show and the odd flying cabbage, that is a pre-determined course of action taken by someone who has at least got a fair idea of what is coming next.

As for who comes next, I just don't see it being tried and tested British. I think they/Purslow will be a little more creative/ambitious/imaginative than that, I only hope it is someone who has a vision. Someone who is a coach, who works with players both individually and collectively on the training ground, a manager who drills his players, prepares his players... all the things so clearly absent at Villa these last 2 years.

Personally I'd love it to be Brendan Rodgers I really would, I think he is just the sort of appointment we need. Could we get him? Possibly not but it seems his time in Glasgow is perhaps coming to an end, we've very wealthy owners and this is probably their best opportunity to flex their muscle and to try and turn us around. Its only going to get harder with every season.

I do though think its more likely to be someone from abroad, possibly Mendes inspired. 

Lets just hope whoever it is, they are a progressive modern coach and watching Villa is no longer so bloody painful and perhaps even enjoyable.

So your saying an appointment is there or thereabouts?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Makes sense - following that course of events would be a DOF and Henry - or that italian geezer stramsuco or something .  Henry I think would be a poor appointment - Hope I am wrong but I am sensing a balls up of the highest order incoming. I don't like this idea of assembling a management team - you can't fudge the managers position - Just recruit the best we can and let the manager get on with it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

This guys main experience is Braga in a league that is weaker than the Championship.  

Not saying its a bad choice.  But its as big a gamble as Garde.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

This guys main experience is Braga in a league that is weaker than the Championship.  

Not saying its a bad choice.  But its as big a gamble as Garde.

I think the question we should be asking is, will he be abel to get us promoted?

17 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He's a mixture of former.... wait for it.... RIGHT BACKS, Abel Xavier and Paulo Ferreira. He's been brought in to get the best out of our army of RBs.

and he was a right back :detect:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3