New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Henry now with this squad is a different proposition to Henry with the leftovers of last season. He's got lots of good technical players to choose from, Bolasie, El Ghazi, Kodjia, Grealish, McGinn, Tuanzebe, Abraham,  and I'm sure Hourihane, Thor, Elmo etc can step up. Hutton maybe not. Nonetheless there's enough talent there for a new manager to work with - in fact what's there is crying out for someone to get the best out of them. 

29 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Would you consider Cabbage as DOF with Smith or Rodgers as Head Coach? I just feel Cabbage lacks management experience in the English league at the moment.

Good point, I think DOF would certainly be a great shout for Cabbage at this stage in his career, either that or assistant to Smith or Rodgers.

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Why didn't Henry get the Bordeaux job.

Wasn't he linked with them as well?

My sources tell me that he actually turned them down... 

i must stress that I don’t actually have any sources linked to Henry or Bordeaux... infact I have no idea where I got that from, read it somewhere. Could have been on this very forum even... 

so, yea, I haven’t actually contributed anything towards answering your question and we are pretty much at the beginning... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Current manager of Panama is Gary Stempel, formerly community outreach officer at Milwall. He enjoyed his greatest success as at club level in a four-year spell as manager of San Francisco, a Panamanian football club, during which he won five league titles and two championships. 

Panama? Maybe he should throw his hat in the ring. :)

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

According to sky sources, Mick McCarthy would like to speak to the owners about the vacancy ?

i was just thinking whether or not appointing pardew would see mcleish-esque protests down VP, i would put MM in that conversation too

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think on the contrary, this is THE most important managerial appointment of the past... I would say, 10 years. If we get this wrong then there’s no turning it around, no promotion, no way out of FFP, no funds, etc.

If there was ever a time not to take a risk, this is it.

So who you thinking? 

McCarthy? Pardew? Allardyce? Phil Brown? Dean Smith and the army of statisticians that he works with at Brentford? 

Rodgers would be an experienced coach I'd love at Villa, but possibly unattainable. 

I also don't think the new owners would have gambled away our existence via FFP like Xia did, so I don't think this season is the be all and end all that last season clearly was.

Dean Smith is not the answer, he’s the sum of all parts and will flop like Warburton has. 

Alladyce, Moyes are Bruce 2.0

Henry untested but I can’t imagine it will be poor football 

sherwood I don’t know why he’s being mentioned, hopefully someone is taking the Piss. 

Ranieri no thanks

Rodgers maybe although I think we’d get annoyed with him after 2 years. 

Terry player / manager. I’m in 

Sanchez Flores I’m in

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

So who you thinking? 

McCarthy? Pardew? Allardyce? Phil Brown? Dean Smith and the army of statisticians that he works with at Brentford? 

Rodgers would be an experienced coach I'd love at Villa, but possibly unattainable. 

I also don't think the new owners would have gambled away our existence via FFP like Xia did, so I don't think this season is the be all and end all that last season clearly was.

None of that list preferably, maybe Rodgers maybe Flores, maybe Carlos Carvalhal?

Honestly, I don’t know mate, but it feels like this is a knife edge.

Edited by alreadyexists