New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

On holiday in Tokyo right now. It’s 2am and I don’t know if it made the news back home, but we were rudely awoken by a severe earthquake alert at midnight which terrified the crap out of everyone, though we didn’t feel any tremors.

My lady and I searched online for news and contacted the hotel reception. Apparently it was reported as being a lot higher on the scale than it really was and it was off the coast a little away from the city. All seems to be well.

It's fine, I felt it in Thailand too. It was just Steve Bruce being removed. ;)

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

It's fine, I felt it in Thailand too. It was just Steve Bruce being removed. ;)

I heard he dropped his kebab whilst reading his you’re sacked text from Wes.

Just now, romavillan said:

They would still TRY to play the same way according to the vision of the sporting directors, the head coaches job is to train the players so they actually CAN play that way. 

Just the sort of thing we need right? Seeing as we've totally cleared out all teh football side of the club I'd imagine the sporting director/DOF position would be wanting to implement a "Villa way" just as Brentford have the "Brentford way". I'd imagine a talented young head coach would fit right in.

Your right the head coaches would train the players so that they can play to that style ... BUT the biggest point is that their coaches are not going to leave with Dean Smith.

Brentford have a continuity process, Dean Smith is disposable and one of Brentford's assistant coaches would be promoted as head coach.

Which is why i am skeptical of Dean Smith.

Dean Smith would not get Villa promoted.

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Your right the head coaches would train the players so that they can play to that style ... BUT the biggest point is that their coaches are not going to leave with Dean Smith.

Brentford have a continuity process, Dean Smith is disposable and one of Brentford's assistant coaches would be promoted as head coach.

Which is why i am skeptical of Dean Smith.

Dean Smith would not get Villa promoted.

So in your opinion, what does Dean Smith actually do at Brentford? 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I also think that our owners are envious of wolves and their methods that got them promoted.

I cannot see our next manager being from the same league.

I also cannot see them appointing someone fairly new into management.

They are going to try to entice a high quality manager to come here with the help of Jorge Mendes.

This. As I said the other week, I think they'll be looking for a highly ambitious appointment from abroad. 

Andre Villas-Boas 33/1 currently in odds or Paulo Fonseca 25/1 current odds

Both Mendes clients and Mendes is rumoured to be involved in the selection process.

His other client Costinha could be another.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dean Smith is not a great coach

He has 20 other coaches and is part of a system.

If we bring in Dean Smith he will fail miserably .

As opposed to the guy who gauranteed success due to getting promoted four times previously.

Its not always the pedigree, it’s getting the right fit (Nuno?)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Sami Hypia rumour still doing the rounds....

No thanks, awful at Brighton and hasn’t managed for 2 years.