New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So in your opinion, what does Dean Smith actually do at Brentford? 

I think that he selects the team,  he monitors training and motivates his players and keeps the morale up.

After a match probably has a meeting with his staff, reviews data and analytics and they all decide on the best course of action for the next game.

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

After a match probably has a meeting with his staff, reviews data and analytics and they all decide on the best course of action for the next game.

Who tell them to roll their sleeves up and get wor boots on?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, macandally said:

As opposed to the guy who gauranteed success due to getting promoted four times previously.

Its not always the pedigree, it’s getting the right fit (Nuno?)

I didn't mention pedigree.

I think that he is overrated.

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

Cabbage, Smith, Rodgers. In that order. 

Would you consider Cabbage as DOF with Smith or Rodgers as Head Coach? I just feel Cabbage lacks management experience in the English league at the moment.

NSWE's new broom has finally swept away the negativity associated with Bruce and his full coaching team.

The next step has to be positive in every aspect which rules out Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew, McCarthy and the other out dated members of the revolving door old fashioned British Manager's club. No more yesterday's men!

It's time for up to date positive attacking coaching, and a total desire to win every game. It's time for some Villa excitement!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I love Mick McCarthy, but please don't appoint him. He'd have chucked the cabbage back.

Mick McCarthy is definetely a 2 cabbages sort of guy.

Edited by pacbuddies

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Whoever it is will hope next season's fixture list doesn't throw up Preston on October 3rd.

October 1st 2016: Preston 2-0 Villa

Manager sacked

October 2nd 2018: Villa 3-3 Preston

Manager sacked

October 4th 2020: Villa 3-0 Barcelona

Manager sucked

• Haha 1

Surely you’d think the new owners would see this as an opportunity to change the philosophy of the club and emulate Wolves last season (god I hate saying that) by going for a young coach rather than appointing an ‘old boy’ with experience.

Plenty of time for that if the next appointment were to fail and we were at risk of relegation. Now is the time for a complete overhaul in the club’s infrastructure and to get everything in place to mount a challenge next season, realistically, though if we were to respond to the new approach well theres nothing to say this season is a write-off just yet.

Edited by Ginko

It's Henry for me.

I want new ideas. I want a fresh approach. I want someone chomping at the bit with enthusiasm, a desire to succeed like no other and someone who the players will look upto.

Imagine what he would have picked up from Wenger, Guardiola and I'm sure his bosses at Monaco, Juve and Les Bleus had tricks up their sleeves too.

I want to take a (non Tim Sherwood) risk. 

Now's the time...

• Like 1

I just feel that if the cabbage spent too long in the broiling cauldron that Villa Park can be, it would just turn to mush. 

And for that reason it's a no from me. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

It's Henry for me.

I want new ideas. I want a fresh approach. I want someone chomping at the bit with enthusiasm, a desire to succeed like no other and someone who the players will look upto.

Imagine what he would have picked up from Wenger, Guardiola and I'm sure his bosses at Monaco, Juve and Les Bleus had tricks up their sleeves too.

I want to take a (non Tim Sherwood) risk. 

Now's the time...

I think on the contrary, this is THE most important managerial appointment of the past... I would say, 10 years. If we get this wrong then there’s no turning it around, no promotion, no way out of FFP, no funds, etc.

If there was ever a time not to take a risk, this is it.

Edited by alreadyexists

30 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

I cannot help but feel that Henry will go the way of Di matteo its a big risk.  He virtually as no experience.

I am not so sure it's a huge risk, or a bigger risk than others. People thought Bruce was a non-risk appointment. Turned out differently. 

Ultimately Henry will likely focus on pass and move, attacking football. No hoofball and he will have a name big enough to calm a dressingroom of rocket polishers who think they are the d'bollox. 

My biggest worry is whether he will bring solid backroom staff with him. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I am British/Irish so I get to be a bigot against my own people :) None of us please*. Management just lags in development with homegrown managers. So someone good and foreign. A Bielsa or a Rafa style appointment please. Defintely no up and comers or managers who "know the english league". We have fallen for that before. 

A manager who plays modern, dynamic and entertaining football. We have the players for it.

*I might make an exception for Rodgers.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1