Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I think there are two options for the club.

1. Sell Grealish and maybe Chester/Kodjia and that covers the FFP defecit.

2. Keep Grealish and sell/giveaway everyone else and try to build a team of youngsters/loan players around him and hope that, that works.

Either way, it's going to be a tough summer. I'd keep Bruce as stabilty is what's needed at the moment.

Edited by Delphinho123

32 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Grealish - £20-25mil

Terry gone

Hutton gone

Chester £5-7m

Kodja - £6-8m

Mile / Whelan £1m

That would save us a bucket load in wages and fees.

£20-£25m under values Jack's worth. I don't want to sell him but if it must happen we need to bring in nearer £40m for him. Imagine if Daniel Levy was selling him he would ask for £60m and a 25% sell on clause. If we are to sell our family silver we should insist on getting top dollar for it.

• Like 3

I just don't see a Championship side selling any player for those kind of figures. We should obviously try, but I would be amazed if that were the case.

And as for Chester and Kodja - yes they have been great for us at times. But they are mortal, they are replaceable. It will take smart purchases, and we may need to be buying the rougher round the edges type replacements who will grow into that role, but that's a challenge I look forward to us taking on. We need to go through the development of player phase a bit, and risk a little inconsistency.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I see now why they call you 8 pints ;)

Is this is a serious post?

I don't know :)

From watching some footage of him, he's quite a competent footballer and is obviously a top athlete.

His ball control is good, he's an accurate header of the ball, is obviously quick over a short distance and seems to possess a useful shot and cross.

His biggest weakness seems to be his anticipation. A fair few times he's caught short and doesn't predict a pass to him or is left flat-footed when a professional footballer would have been a few steps closer to the ball and would have put up more of a challenge.

And also, he's a sprinter, so his stamina is clearly lacking, the stamina you would need as a footballer he doesn't have...yet . He's clearly working on building that up though so it must be improving every day.

So he's quick but his anticipation and stamina are lacking but we could pump balls up for him to run on to and threaten the opposition's goal...and we thought Gabby was gone.

The key thing for me is that's he's a champion and he wants to do this, he has the intent. I know a lot of people have that intent but not as many seem to be taking it as seriously as he is and are the fastest person on the planet.

He's trained with a top club in Dortmund and their coach Stoger took it seriously enough to give him quite a critical response. That's quite a valuable experience. It's a reality check that may put things into perspective for him. I think he's been shown what it takes and how much work he has to do. With a realistic idea of how large his task is, he could have now upped his training etc with a firm idea of what it's going to take.

@NurembergVillan mentioned the shirt sales would be high and the club needs money. It may be an unorthodox way to raise it.

We would get publicity and the matchday tickets may also improve with people coming to watch him.

I can't imagine his wages being too astronomical either. He shouldn't want to price himself out of a team seriously considering taking him on and making his wish come true. Plus, as I say, his appointment would generate some considerable income to cover any expenses.

It would be seen as a publicity stunt and that's fair enough but it's not like we'd be getting an actor or celebrity in who is obviously going to fall on his face, we'd be getting someone who was the best at what he did and now wants to challenge himself with a new venture. An athlete who (Minus the chicken nuggets) has lived a competitive life and knows what it takes to compete at the highest level.

Michael Jordan switched to Baseball and not just in Space Jam.

Image result for michael jordan baseball gif

And there have been others who have switched sports (With varying success) >>>>

Bolt did actually tell Prince William not to support us and to support Man U instead so joining us could be his redemption

But of course, there is no talk of him coming here, only me being hypothetical, and I wouldn't imagine Xia even considering it, so unless a @Bolt4Villa hashtag gains some traction on twitter it will always remain a dream of mine. :)

I don't know. There's no harm in giving him a trial and maybe a contract until January in my opinion...see how he gets on :D 

On 27/05/2018 at 18:15, VillaAlex said:

What are your thoughts on Dean Henderson replacing Sam Johnstone if Bruce stays? As we have been watching him for a while I have heard and would fit our budget as he would be free I think?

I think he would be a perfect replacement on Sam Johnstone. 19 clean sheets and PFA League One team of the year is impressive for a 21 years old keeper. We need to snap him fast as other clubs are also interested in him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rodders said:

I just don't see a Championship side selling any player for those kind of figures. We should obviously try, but I would be amazed if that were the case.

Will Hughes went for about 10 million last summer Assombalonga 15 million, Chris Wood 15 million, Benik Afobe went for 10 million, Hendrick went to Burnley for 10 million

we can definitely ask for that

Just read that Lampard is interested in signing his mate Terry...   would that mean Curtis Davies would be available?  Thought he was good against us in the 1 - 1 draw, would definitely take him back

And here I was thinking the previous couple of transfer windows have been depressing.

This one will make "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy seem like  American Pie.

3 hours ago, Skills said:

Just read that Lampard is interested in signing his mate Terry...   would that mean Curtis Davies would be available?  Thought he was good against us in the 1 - 1 draw, would definitely take him back

I'd argue at this stage of their careers Davies is the better option 

• Like 1

Norwich apparently want either Dean Henderson (League One keeper of season) or Danny Ward (Liverpool) as their new goalkeeper. Exactly the two I'd be looking at. Ward would be the safer option of the two as he was brilliant for Huddersfield down here, but Henderson despite being less experienced would be a good option long term as we'd have him on our own books. 

On 31/05/2018 at 13:14, Delphinho123 said:

I think there are two options for the club.

1. Sell Grealish and maybe Chester/Kodjia and that covers the FFP defecit.

2. Keep Grealish and sell/giveaway everyone else and try to build a team of youngsters/loan players around him and hope that, that works.

Either way, it's going to be a tough summer. I'd keep Bruce as stabilty is what's needed at the moment.

Your two options don't create stability so why do we need bruce? 

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Anybody have any thoughts on the possibility of getting Phil foden on loan from Man City. I imaging they will want to get him games and I can’t imagine he is on huge wages.

You don't tend to pay their full wages, just contribute to them. When McCormack was in Australia they were nowhere near picking up his full wages. 

Â