Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Was speaking to a guy from Nottingham Post the other day on the train who covers the Sport.

He said Forest want to sign Grabban and Jack Marriott (striker from Peterbrough) but waiting on play off final as he thinks we'll sign both if we don't go up.

I joked they could have Hogan for a fiver which he was happy with.

Two transfers that could happen if we don't make it.

So...

Gone is Johnstone, Terry, Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah (little) loss and most likely someone like Chester or Kodjia to help balance the books.

Hutton may be staying but I'd personally not keep him now.

I don't see much interest in our other starters such as Hourihane, Jedinak Adomah and Elmohammody. Grealish will have plenty of suitors but I'm sure he will stay.

Then the likes of Hogan, Lansbury, Taylor McCormack etc are going to be difficult to shift as mentioned above ^^ Bjarnason will probably be one who will head off.

We will most likely need to bring in O'Hare into the first team picture and hope maybe he can take Snodgrass' role in the starting line up, and I'd like to see us also push through Doyle-Hayes and Hepburn Murphy. I'm sure Keinan Davis will also come back more prominently and possibly Gary Gardner.

So at the very least we need:-

2 goalkeepers (unless we keep Bunn).

2 centre backs. (We're already one short and Terry is leaving)

1 wide player (Replace Snodgrass)

1 central midfielder

1 striker (Replace Grabban and potentially Kodjia)

Jesus christ, serious rebuild required!

:(

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

So...

Gone is Johnstone, Terry, Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah (little) loss and most likely someone like Chester or Kodjia to help balance the books.

I don't see much interest in our other starters such as Hourihane, Jedinak Adomah and Elmohammody. Grealish will have plenty of suitors but I'm sure he will stay.

Then the likes of Hogan, Lansbury, Taylor McCormack etc are going to be difficult to shift as mentioned above ^^ Bjarnason will probably be one who will head off.

We will most likely need to bring in O'Hare into the first team picture and hope maybe he can take Snodgrass' role in the starting line up, and I'd like to see us also push through Doyle-Hayes and Hepburn Murphy. I'm sure Keinan Davis will also come back more prominently and possibly Gary Gardner.

1 central midfielder

Even if we had a say in the matter most of those players should go, either too old and slow or just not good enough to deliver promotion in the first place.

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

So...

1 central midfielder

All will come from U23 team. There is no money for rebuild 

so that is Grabban, Snodgrass, Terry, Onomah gone.

Tuanzebe could come back but it's not something to get too excited about.

Most clubs will be sniffing round Grealish. 

Jed may have another season in him, but Whelan is 34.

We'll be playing the U23s and creeping round the bargain basements for out of contract players and lower division players.

I'd hope to keep Grabban and JOhnstone of the loan players.

My main concern is that losing a third of our squad means another massive turnover of players and the risk that we will have to take the first 10-15 games for the players to gel. The only way around this is to bring the youngsters through.

Edited by Ponky

Forgot about Green, if he can stay fit it'd be quite exciting to see him O'Hare and Grealish going forward. Although he could be a surprise sale if any Premier League club follows their interest in his potential.

Johnstone, Bunn, Samba, Terry, Hutton, Onomah, Snodgrass, Agbonlahor and Grabban all out of contact or end of loan in a few weeks then...

Gollini, Gil, Elphick, DeLaet, Gardner and Tshibola on their way back to B6 with Whelan, Jedinak, Elphick, Richards, DeLaet, Gil, Steer, Lyden and Green all going into their last year of contract.

Unless I missed something recently transfer/contract news wise.

So if we dont sign up the out of contract/loanees for next year we're left with a first team squad of

GK - Steer - Gollini

DR - Elmohamady - Bree - De Laet

DL - Taylor

DC - Chester - Elphick - Richards

MC - Jedinak - Whelan - Lyden - Hourihane - Bjarnason - Grealish - Gardner - Tshibola - Lansbury

ML - Green

MR - Adomah - Gil

ST - Kodjia - Hogan - McCormack

with Davis, RHM and O'Hare the obvious candidates to step up from the youth team to my mind. Suliman, Sarkic, Bedeau and Doyle-Hayes maybe.

Obviously it would be nice if we could shed the likes of Richards, McCormack, Gil, Tshibola, Gardner and Gollini and go from there imo.

• Like 1

We still have Davis, RHM, Green, O'hare, Steer, and Bree who can fill in some spots.

I assume we will see Grabban, Hogan, Lansbury, Snodgrass, Onomah, Johnstone, and Terry leave. 

Elphick, Gardner, and Tshibola will come back. Elphick was decent in his few performances this season. 

16 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We still have Davis, RHM, Green, O'hare, Steer, and Bree who can fill in some spots.

I assume we will see Grabban, Hogan, Lansbury, Snodgrass, Onomah, Johnstone, and Terry leave. 

Elphick, Gardner, and Tshibola will come back. Elphick was decent in his few performances this season. 

Can't see anybody offering us money for Hogan or Lansbury.

GK - Steer, Gollini

Defenders Bree, Elmo, Chester, Elphick, De Laet

Defensive midfield - Jedinak, Whelan, Thor 

Midfield - Grealish, Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah, Green, O’Hare

Forwards - Kodjia, RHM, Davis, Hogan

Unless I’ve missed out someone obvious, I think that’s pretty much it, the likes of Gil and McCormack won’t feature. I’m doubtful on Gollini too, but gotta make up the numbers. 

To me, defence and upfront look the most lightweight and the most urgently required areas to be addressed.

Maybe give Gabby that contract now. I'm joking. I'm just depressed. We're now Ipswich Town. We're here forever. 

Â