Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

58 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Haha, some money, for nothing - things are gonna be ok after all

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aston-villa-set-to-conclude-e4-3m-transfer-five-year-deal-on-the-table/

Reports in the Italian media suggest that Aston Villa goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini has completed a permanent switch away from Villa Park.

According to Italian media outlet Gianluca Di Marzio, Atalanta have sealed a permanent deal for Gollini after his loan spell with the Serie A club.

Any idea what the situation is with the other players we loaned out last season?

Gil - at one point his Loan->Permanant clause was said to be nulled by Deportivo's relegation. Is he back at ours at the end of this month?

Vertout/Sanchez/Amavi/Elphick - I'm assuming they were all sold permanently. First three have gone on to be top players elsewhere

De Laet - Persume we're stuck with him again after his loan in Belgium?

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Any idea what the situation is with the other players we loaned out last season?

Gil - at one point his Loan->Permanant clause was said to be nulled by Deportivo's relegation. Is he back at ours at the end of this month?

Vertout/Sanchez/Amavi/Elphick - I'm assuming they were all sold permanently. First three have gone on to be top players elsewhere

Gil - they have to buy him, and have admitted it

Elphick - can see a good lump for him from someone desperate - I'd keep him despite the injuries

RDL - I don't know - but I'm working on the rule of £1mill for each player and that we can offload about 20 of them. That's nearly enough to keep Jack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Gil is gone.  No such clause 

To be fair the #keepJack lot of which I am/was one was doing the rounds before the extent of the problem was really known to us. No one can deny it's a distinct possibility.

All bets are off now.

The way I see our squad in terms of sale-ability is a bit like this

NOT LEAVING:

Richards - isn't going anywhere and has an entire category to himself.

RHM, Sarkic, O'Hare, Suliman, Bedeau, Doyle - Hayes etc - In normal times there would probably be a discussion about loaning them out. Least likely group to leave permanently imo. None should be on silly wages and they may just get a chance to step up to the first team or at least fill some gaps in any squad we may have.

HARD TO SHIFT:

McCormack, Tshibola - Hardly going to be a rush for their signature's let's put it that way. Tricky to shift permanently. Presumably high wages. High fees paid. Probably account for some big FFP losses.

Taylor, Hogan - Hardly in McCormack and Tshibola territory. Presumably contracts would be a bit off-putting. Could make them hard to shift as a result but not as hard as some. Both current internationals.

IF THERE'S ANY TAKERS:

Lansbury, BB, Bree, Elmo - Not signed for much and could be takers and profit if we made them available at the right price. Contracts could be rather tasty here though by all accounts which may be off putting.

Jedinak, RDL, Whelan, Elphick, Steer - All in their last year and available at knock down prices. Jedinak is one decent World Cup away from one last pay-day in the US/China or Oz if he has any sense imo. RDL and Elphick already have one foot out of the door. Steer is about as interesting as a number 2 goalie in a transfer discussion and Whelan I personally can't see leaving but he'd improve a few Championship squads for sure. As would all of them lets face it.

Gardner and Lyden - In Gardner's case it's time to leave. In Lyden's case it revolves around so many if's and buts I just cant see it happening IF we sell Jedinak - and IF we sell Whelan - and IF you stay fit - and IF you come good - and IF we can't find someone else for the engine room. All a bit unlikely for me. Cash in on them (if we can) it's all profit in FFP terms. Neither would be expensive. Surely they both want a career? Neither are that terrible as no one will take a punt and the right price to us can't be that high either.

BECAUSE WE'RE A MESS:

Adomah, Green, Hourihane, Davis - I'd be very surprised if we weren't fielding calls about their availability right now.

Chester, Kodjia - We'll be lucky if they are here next season. Both could easily do a job in the PL imo. At least both would presumably command decent fees.

Jack - Heart and soul of the club. Be gut wrenching if he leaves = Most saleable asset.

Other than that -

Gil and Gollini - Deals already done as part of the loan agreements it seems, as such we should probably assume their fees have already been loaned against and spent

Terry, Samba, Agbonlahor, Hutton and Bunn - We surely expect all of them to be released on free's at the end of the month.

Amavi money has been spent.

BB, Elmo and Jedinak off to the world cup could mean anything from career ending injuries to obscure interest off the back of some high profile games.

Potential wild-cards of add ons in ex players deals and so on may yet pop up to surprise us (If they haven't been borrowed against already!)

Oh yeah and we'll need a team to put out some time in August ?

There is no situation where Jack is not leaving, even if we get £10m for Chester, even if we get a few million for a load of deadwood. Jack will still have to leave. We are hemorrhaging at an alarming rate, we have too much shite on too much money. Getting £10m-£20m is only going to plug the gap for 6 months if we are lucky.

It's Leeds all over again.

"We've got £30m for Ferdinand. That will keep the Wolves from the door."

...but it never is, there was always " just one more sale" until one year and five years down the line they were still selling the family silver in Woodgate, Milner, Danny Rose & Delph.
When you saddle the club as much as we have, after a while, you just exist to service the debt, and if you don't back to the PL you will never generate the funds to clear it.

Edited by rodders0223

On 07/06/2018 at 00:22, paul1984 said:

It would have to be free never mind getting a fee for him. Even though it would save us 2 million on his wages next year it would actually count as a big loss on our FFP accounts...... crazy.

What would happen, in terms of FFP, if we managed a swap deal? No fee, just player for player and look at getting someone in on lower wages. 

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There is no situation where Jack is not leaving, even if we get £10m for Chester, even if we get a few million for a load of deadwood. 

Nearly £4mill in for Gollini = good start. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Nearly £4mill in for Gollini = good start. 

Won't even cover the rest of Mccormack's contract. 

There are tougher times ahead, it's only going to get worse, I am all for positivity but we need to get realistic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There are tougher times ahead, it's only going to get worse, I am all for positivity but we need to get realistic.

Yer probably right

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Especially as it's probably already been spent.

(4-3-3? Sarkic; Bree, Suliman, Bedeau, Clark; Lyden, Doyle-Hayes; Green, Clarke, O’Hare; Hepburn-Murphy,

So is this our best under 23 side?

If that side were forced to start the Championship.. we would be in a bit of bother. Where are the weak links. To me with the players we have and what we would need to compete:

Steer in goal for Sarkic. 

Chester MUST remain. If not we need two CB's. Suliman can be the back up CB. 

Really need a new left back. Try and sell Taylor if possible. 

Id like to see Lyden Bikir and Grealish (Hourihane if we have to sell Jack) in midfield.  Sell Mile and Whelan if we can. 

Adomah to come in for Clarke. It really does depend who we can sell and who we can afford to keep. 

Realistic line up. 

Steer, Bree, Chester, Tuanzebe, (Loan LB), Lyden, Bjarnason, O'Hare, Green, Adomah, Hepburn Murphy. 

A few loans, free signings. to push a few kids to the bench.. otherwise we wont win too many. Big big job. I think we need to keep Bruce. We need him to wheel and deal here. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Suliman couldn't get a spot on the bench at two league 2 sides.

He might not be good enough but that's not true about his time at Grimsby.

He was injured for the majority of his time there and the manager Slade was slowly but surely crippling the team. The new manager likes him, that's why he's back on loan there.

Source: I have a Grimsby supporting mate who follows them home and away.

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

He might not be good enough but that's not true about his time at Grimsby.

He was injured for the majority of his time there and the manager Slade was slowly but surely crippling the team. The new manager likes him, that's why he's back on loan there.

Source: I have a Grimsby supporting mate who follows them home and away.

He was playing for our U23s at the end of the season, he wasn't at Grimsby.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He was playing for our U23s at the end of the season, he wasn't at Grimsby.

Ok, well that doesn't change the fact that the new manager likes him.

Not really important anyway. He's probably not good enough for us. I just wouldn't write him off just yet.

I wonder if some of our players might have higher stock than we think.  We were very very close to getting out of this league.  Players like Taylor for example might be better thought of by the likes of Stoke and they'll be tempted to offer us a decent enough fee and take his wages.  Most of our players will be considered as amongst the best in the league.

Once we make it clear there is no fire sale and will will stand firm for the correct prices though.

I wish Villa would look to Scandinavia. Plenty of good players who would be successfull at Championship level available for small amounts of money.

The next Mellberg, Carew and Laursen are all playing there now and would probably consider the Championship to be a good career move.

Twenty years ago the Premier League was littered with Scandinavian players, but in those days top English clubs were selling their best players to Italy and Spain. With all the money that has been pumped into the league since then top clubs don't go there looking for bargains anymore. But that doesn't mean that talent doesn't exist there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silent_Bob said:

I wish Villa would look to Scandinavia. Plenty of good players who would be successfull at Championship level available for small amounts of money.

The next Mellberg, Carew and Laursen are all playing there now and would probably consider the Championship to be a good career move.

Twenty years ago the Premier League was littered with Scandinavian players, but in those days top English clubs were selling their best players to Italy and Spain. With all the money that has been pumped into the league since then top clubs don't go there looking for bargains anymore. But that doesn't mean that talent doesn't exist there.

Sadly we don't have "small amounts of money" and no doubt they would want to be paid for playing for us. If we did find some cash behind the sofa I agree that we should have a look at adding some Scandinavian players.

If we got Jack Wiltshire on loan we could play some amazing football the two Jacks linking up.

I would try and swap Adomah back with Adamah Traore. Last seasons team was solid but not enough pace especially down the flanks.

I'm still not decided whether I'd want Snodgrass back. He gave me some euphoria with last minute winners but his no show in the final disappointed me immensely. and We need to be rapid down the flanks.

If Jono doesn't want to come back try and get Hart.

We need to go all out for the title this season. Hit the ground running from day 1.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

If we got Jack Wiltshire on loan we could play some amazing football the two Jacks linking up.

I would try and swap Adomah back with Adamah Traore. Last seasons team was solid but not enough pace especially down the flanks.

I'm still not decided whether I'd want Snodgrass back. He gave me some euphoria with last minute winners but his no show in the final disappointed me immensely. and We need to be rapid down the flanks.

If Jono doesn't want to come back try and get Hart.

We need to go all out for the title this season. Hit the ground running from day 1.

I don't even know where to start with this so i'll let someone else....

• Haha 3

Â