Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Wolves showed a well drilled 352/343 can work wonders, I think it helps not many teams play it outside the Premier League.

Sheff U also did it well this season. As did Paul Cook's Wigan in League 1.

I have zero faith in Bruce implementing it well.

Agree on the 3 4 3 /352 , it requires a mobile cmd who can drop into defence jedi simply isnt good enough on the ball to fill in here I like him but he stops us from playing inmo, we have some decent young players they just need coaching Im very fond of bruce but he simply not the man for this job. Keeping hold of jack and getting a coach to drill and train theese kids and were good 

Change in the transfer deadline for 2018/9.

The transfer windows for EFL clubs closes after the first game - or before the second. Aug 9 2018 - loan signings can still be made up until Aug 31 - and transfers out overseas can still be made up to Aug 31. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Change in the transfer deadline for 2018/9.

The transfer windows for EFL clubs closes after the first game - or before the second. Aug 9 2018 - loan signings can still be made up until Aug 31 - and transfers out overseas can still be made up to Aug 31. 

So glad they have done that. Forces us to have our team ready to go from the start

I thought after Saturday we’d be in a position to look at transfers but now until we sort who our manager will be it’s all still up in the air. It looks like we’d will be looking at free transfers and loans so we need to get this sorted. 

On 28/05/2018 at 20:08, gwi1890 said:

Agree on the 3 4 3 /352 , it requires a mobile cmd who can drop into defence jedi simply isnt good enough on the ball to fill in here I like him but he stops us from playing inmo, we have some decent young players they just need coaching Im very fond of bruce but he simply not the man for this job. Keeping hold of jack and getting a coach to drill and train theese kids and were good 

Funny thing is SB got Hull promoted with 3-5-2 in 12/13 and then reached the FA cup final playing it the following year.

Dunno why he suddenly changed at Hull after 10 years of playing 4-4-2/4-5-1 at likes of SHA and Wigan.

We have tried it a few times in his reign and it's been a disaster pretty much on every occasion.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Funny thing is SB got Hull promoted with 3-5-2 in 12/13 and then reached the FA cup final playing it the following year.

Dunno why he suddenly changed at Hull after 10 years of playing 4-4-2/4-5-1 at likes of SHA and Wigan.

We have tried it a few times in his reign and it's been a disaster pretty much on every occasion.

Yes but who do we have as wing backs? 

tim krul and Michel vorm both available for free transfers if Johnstone doesn't stay, didn't realise that Krul is only 30

Huth might be a good shout as a replacement for Terry also available on a free.  Someone else mentioned Tuanzebe coming back on loan and playing as a CB, would be interesting to see him play in that position as he certainly isn't good enough at right back

With Kodj and Green back, imo are better options then grabban and snoddy. Id bring in one (or two) young pacy type out wide as back up, the young fella (Asoro i think) from Sunderland looked ok

If Grealish leaves then so be it, loved watching him play and ill definitely watch his career with great interest wherever he goes.  At the end of the day and I know its not all about stats, but he only scored 3 goals and 6 assists in 30 odd games.  If we can use the funds wisely, we'll be a better team for it in the end

I guess the postings here will involve players leaving rather than coming in as we look unlikely to be able to pay any transfer fees or to pay loan fees/meet the wages of players we might want to bring in on loan. Sad days indeed.

Â