Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I think some serious conversations need to happen now at the club. 

Words need to be had with Richards, McCormack, Gil, Gollini, Elphick, Gardner and Tshibola. Are you up for proving yourself worthy of playing for this club, if not find a new permanent. No more loans.

Tempted to say that Gollini is the most redeemable of that lot and potentially a good shout for goal. If Steer wants to stay and fight for the no.1 spot he's always looked good when he's played.

Taylor and Elmo are good at this level. Borg can step up as support for LB and Bree will support Elmo.

Chester should be the new captain. I'd try get Tuanzebe back for a season and play him CB alongside, he has different qualities to Chester not least his pace, they'd compliment each other well. Then we'd just need a 3rd to push them and I'm struggling for ideas. 4th choice Jedinak can drop back there, or Clark to step up?

Jedinak and Whelan are getting on but can still do a job at this level, may as well use them before they leave end of next season. Still rate Lansbury highly as a good backup to Hourihane and Grealish in the middle. Bjarnason has done a job when needed, not against him leaving though if he has a good WC for Iceland. 

Wings we have Adomah and Green both good enough to be starting. 

Up front Kodjia carried us previously. I personally have thought he's still looked the part when played and would be happy to have him as star striker again. 

So basically I feel CB is looking dangerously short but other positions aren't too bad going into next season. We have some very good players to call on still. It's holding onto our best, shifting the deadwood and then trying to bring in top quality only on frees and loans I'd suggest. Don't want a bunch of midtable championship and league 1 bosmans, we'll end up in a mess 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Think bobby Reid has refused new deal at Bristol city (not hundred per cent sure) states in wyscout he is out contract in June

Josh Brownhill (Preston) Tom Naylor (Burton) and junior hoilett (Cardiff) all out contract and all three are good players.

id also take a punt on Sean Clare (Sheff Wed)

Cardiff  last summer gambled and took a number of free transfers Like Neil etheridge(Walsall) and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (Rochdale) amongst others and warnock created a team that got promoted with quite a few free transfers last summer (wasted a lot in Jan on Gary Madine though who’s pants)

I like Josh Brownhill. Didnt realise he was coming up on a free. (Pedantic me wants to point out he's at Bristol City with Reid atm though.)

6 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

What are your thoughts on Dean Henderson replacing Sam Johnstone if Bruce stays? As we have been watching him for a while I have heard and would fit our budget as he would be free I think?

Made some superb saves today for Shrewsbury in the playoff final.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Potter looks a decent shout. Sadly we are Aston Villa who don't seem to like taking risks so will probably end up with Moyes or Allardyce. ?

I think this is exactly wrong. What are Remi Garde and Tim Sherwood, if not risks?

Even just limited to the new ownership, Di Matteo was a pretty risky appointment. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we can keep Snodgrass and Johnstone of the loan players that we had this season. If we can't replacing them would be difficult given their importance to us since their arrival and our reported lack of available cash to replace them. Anyone got any thoughts on players we might be able to loan for a season if not them? I had wondered if Fraser Forster of Southampton might be an option as he is now second choice there.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think this is exactly wrong. What are Remi Garde and Tim Sherwood, if not risks?

Even just limited to the new ownership, Di Matteo was a pretty risky appointment. 

Ha ha. Wow, bloody hell. I'd somehow managed to completely block all memory of that shite out of my mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Ha ha. Wow, bloody hell. I'd somehow managed to completely block all memory of that shite out of my mind.

I don't blame you boss, why would anybody want to remember it. 

• Like 1

Width and pace. That is key for me this summer. 

I wouldn't be against a change of plan and formation with 3-5-2. 

Jedinak can move to cb with axel and chester as we don't need a holding dm. Jack behind a front 2 should continue to get the best from him and some pace down the wings.

• Like 3

Think we should try and sign Joel Asoro from Sunderland on the cheap.

He won't want to play in League 1 and I doubt they will ask that much for him.

He's crazy fast and can play out wide or in attack. 18 y.o and if nothing else I think he'd be a good investment.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

I'd take Shipley and Baylis from Cov.

Yep, as I been saying on here about both of them since last December. Impressed in seven games I have seen this season for coventry. Both absolute quality and both had great Games today with Shipley scoring. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Frank Lampard was at the Play Off Final today probably checking up on Tom Bayliss (As Derby had a bid turned down for him in Jan) He will no doubt have been impressed with Jordan Shipley as well!

Wouldn't be suprised if he became Derby's manager that both of these players signed for them.

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Width and pace. That is key for me this summer. 

I wouldn't be against a change of plan and formation with 3-5-2. 

Jedinak can move to cb with axel and chester as we don't need a holding dm. Jack behind a front 2 should continue to get the best from him and some pace down the wings.

Wolves showed a well drilled 352/343 can work wonders, I think it helps not many teams play it outside the Premier League.

Sheff U also did it well this season. As did Paul Cook's Wigan in League 1.

I have zero faith in Bruce implementing it well.

Â