Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I’d take a bosman punt on Erhun Oztumer of Walsall the Turkish Messi watched him live five times this season on scouting missions he wants around 4/5k a week which was far too much for my teams budget. :)

only 5ft3 but can pick a pass and actually strong as an ox and rarely gets shoved off ball. It’s a gamble but on bosman worth taking a risk 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Think bobby Reid has refused new deal at Bristol city (not hundred per cent sure) states in wyscout he is out contract in June

Josh Brownhill (Preston) Tom Naylor (Burton) and junior hoilett (Cardiff) all out contract and all three are good players.

id also take a punt on Sean Clare (Sheff Wed)

Cardiff  last summer gambled and took a number of free transfers Like Neil etheridge(Walsall) and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (Rochdale) amongst others and warnock created a team that got promoted with quite a few free transfers last summer (wasted a lot in Jan on Gary Madine though who’s pants)

Edited by Villan4Life

28 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I’d take a bosman punt on Erhun Oztumer of Walsall the Turkish Messi watched him live five times this season on scouting missions he wants around 4/5k a week which was far too much for my teams budget. :)

only 5ft3 but can pick a pass and actually strong as an ox and rarely gets shoved off ball. It’s a gamble but on bosman worth taking a risk 

What do you think of Brentford's Ryan Woods? He reminds me of Milner - has a great engine and  some grit about him.

How is Oztumer's attitude and work ethic?

33 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What do you think of Brentford's Ryan Woods? He reminds me of Milner - has a great engine and  some grit about him.

How is Oztumer's attitude and work ethic?

I like woods suprised Walsall released him as a kid. Would command big money now.

Oztumer attitude is fine, he works hard scores lot of goals have seen him beat taller players for headers lol and covers lot of grass he links up well with Bakayoko in games I have seen problem is he sometimes plays in midfield 2 with Adam Chambers ex baggie who’s captain and his twin James is Ipswich captain. Adam is way past it and too old now and proper liability in Walsall team playing every week which means Oztumer has to drop back deeper to help Chambers when he is a playmaker it’s not too bad when they have 3 men in middle those two and George Dobson.

oztumer is more effective when Dobson plays as well.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I like woods suprised Walsall released him as a kid. Would command big money now.

Oztumer attitude is fine, he works hard scores lot of goals have seen him beat taller players for headers lol and covers lot of grass he links up well with Bakayoko in games I have seen problem is he sometimes plays in midfield 2 with Adam Chambers ex baggie who’s captain and his twin James is Ipswich captain. Adam is way past it and too old now and proper liability in Walsall team playing every week which means Oztumer has to drop back deeper to help Chambers when he is a playmaker it’s not too bad when they have 3 men in middle those two and George Dobson.

What's big money mean for Woods? What wage would he like to secure his family etc.?

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Signing for Posh no?

1 minute ago, hogso said:

Would anyone take back the ol ginger ninja James Collins? Will be released by West Ham at the end of June. 

Possibly, depending on wages. Although Chester and Collins might be a bit slow as a pairing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Signing for Posh no?

Oztumer came from Peterbrough so doubt he'd go back there.

He is a good player who could step up no problem to championship imo, scored 30 league goals for Walsall over past two seasons and he's not a striker.

He plays as number 10 so would only come on radar if we sold Grealish, not as effective in wider positions.

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

What are your thoughts on Dean Henderson replacing Sam Johnstone if Bruce stays? As we have been watching him for a while I have heard and would fit our budget as he would be free I think?

In goal I'd be targeting Dan Bentley/Alex Smithies. We're a step up from QPR/Brentford, even still now.

CB, no idea. No youth players are ready yet and we need at least 2 or 3.

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Think bobby Reid has refused new deal at Bristol city (not hundred per cent sure) states in wyscout he is out contract in June

Josh Brownhill (Preston) Tom Naylor (Burton) and junior hoilett (Cardiff) all out contract and all three are good players.

id also take a punt on Sean Clare (Sheff Wed)

Cardiff  last summer gambled and took a number of free transfers Like Neil etheridge(Walsall) and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (Rochdale) amongst others and warnock created a team that got promoted with quite a few free transfers last summer (wasted a lot in Jan on Gary Madine though who’s pants)

I like Josh Brownhill. Didnt realise he was coming up on a free. (Pedantic me wants to point out he's at Bristol City with Reid atm though.) :thumb:

Go poach Graham Potter from under the nose of Swansea.

He'll bring with him Sema and Ghoddos from Östersund.

That would be a huge piece in the rebuilding right there.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Unfortunately I'm out of likes to use today, but this is a terrific shout. Xia needs to be absolutely ruthless and decisive right now, getting rid of Bruce and bringing Potter in would be a fantastic signal. However I imagine we'll be sitting on our hands for a while. 

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Could he handle the step up?

Also wasn’t he a former Blue Nose? Would he want to come?

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Could he handle the step up?

Also wasn’t he a former Blue Nose? Would he want to come?

You never know.

He's taken Östersund from the 4th tier in Swedish football to the Allsvenskan, winning the cup and excelling in the Europa League winning over clubs like Bilbao, Herta Berlin, Galatasaray, PAOK, and Arsenal

All done on a shoe string budget with players the other teams in Sweden discarded.

He has a great scouting team behind him (that will come with him apparently) and he's great at developing players and tactically astute.

Will he be successful? Who knows.

I'd be happy to take a gamble on him.

As for him playing 1 season in SHA back in 92, don't think it matters.

• Like 2

Â