Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44300269

Image result for usain bolt football

Eight-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt is training with Norwegian top-flight football team Stromsgodset.

Bolt, the 100m and 200m world record holder, has already trained with Borussia Dortmund and South African club Sundowns this year.

"Maybe a club will see something and decide to give me a chance," said Bolt

Finances are tight but surely we could rival any package being offered by Stromsgodset if they made that choice? And he can't moan about the weather here if he's training in Norway.

Okay, it's another player dreaming of ultimately playing for Manure but pace, energy, composure, strength, height and personality........ worth it in my opinion.

"He is a good football player, otherwise he would not have been training with us," said Stromsgodset director of football Jostein Flo.

A few professionals (Xavi for one) and the Dortmund coach (Stoger) are unimpressed but what would they say about Samba? Haters gonna Hate and he's bound to have learnedfrom these previous trials.

He's a champion (Yes, in another sport but he has that ability) but crucially has the will to succeed in football.

You could argue Federer and Nadal  (And a few others) are also winners and like football but the difference is Bolt has a desire to actually play professionally.

"His presence will undoubtedly be a great inspiration for players, coaches, and the whole club."

Obligatory Highlights video

Okay, there's room for improvement but my highlight from these highlights is the header he scores.

He's one of the captains for Soccer Aid June 10th so we'll have a look then. I'm not sure what position he is but I'm guessing winger/forward type thing?

If I'm never getting Ronaldinho or Leon Bailey (although I've not given up on either if I'm honest) in a Villa shirt, I'll settle for Bolt.

He's surely worth at least a trial?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Skills said:

If we can use the funds wisely, we'll be a better team for it in the end

There will be no funds to use, it will go straight onto our balance sheet to meet out obligations under FFP. 

On 29/05/2018 at 17:26, AXD said:

I just read Gollini is being sold to Atalanta for €3.5M. Not sure if the source is credible though

be a waste if Atalanta, he barely gets game time for them. 11 games so far

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I just came in here to say Usain Bolt is looking for a club.

I'd sign him, to be honest.  If nothing else he'd sell a shitload of shirts.

I wrote a post on him earlier.

I never thought of it from the shirt sale/raising funds angle. That's good thinking although I'm not surprised it was you who raised that angle. :)

£40m worth of shirts though? Hopefully close enough.

• Thanks 1

If we have learned one thing over this last few sorry years, from now on forever more, we should never pay any new signing the kind of wages that no one else will ever consider paying them if it doesn't work out for them here. 

When you can't even unload somebody on a free something has gone badly badly wrong. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we have learned one thing over this last few sorry years, from now on forever more, we should never pay any new signing the kind of wages that no one else will ever consider paying them if it doesn't work out for them here. 

When you can't even unload somebody on a free something has gone badly badly wrong. 

bang on ..villa has put lots or very average players in to the millionaire status, 

just look at gabby..compare john terry performances to gabbys last season on the same wage.

theirs to many dead weights at the club.. we all know who they are.bottom line..sanction big wages comes from the top,,managers dont get involved with wages etc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 8pints said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44300269

Image result for usain bolt football

Finances are tight but surely we could rival any package being offered by Stromsgodset if they made that choice? And he can't moan about the weather here if he's training in Norway.

Okay, it's another player dreaming of ultimately playing for Manure but pace, energy, composure, strength, height and personality........ worth it in my opinion.

A few professionals (Xavi for one) and the Dortmund coach (Stoger) are unimpressed but what would they say about Samba? Haters gonna Hate and he's bound to have learnedfrom these previous trials.

He's a champion (Yes, in another sport but he has that ability) but crucially has the will to succeed in football.

You could argue Federer and Nadal  (And a few others) are also winners and like football but the difference is Bolt has a desire to actually play professionally.

Obligatory Highlights video

Okay, there's room for improvement but my highlight from these highlights is the header he scores.

He's one of the captains for Soccer Aid June 10th so we'll have a look then. I'm not sure what position he is but I'm guessing winger/forward type thing?

If I'm never getting Ronaldinho or Leon Bailey (although I've not given up on either if I'm honest) in a Villa shirt, I'll settle for Bolt.

He's surely worth at least a trial?

I see now why they call you 8 pints ;)

Is this is a serious post?

• Like 2

Â