Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I think the potential fees we will get for the players that we will now be forced to sell have dropped by at least 50% during the last 24 hours. A sad day indeed.

On 05/06/2018 at 14:09, KSV said:

Surely someone will gamble on McCormack? WBA? fee can be as low as 2-3 million just to get his wages off our books. Hogan still has some use.. hes still young. If we play the right way. 

It would have to be free never mind getting a fee for him. Even though it would save us 2 million on his wages next year it would actually count as a big loss on our FFP accounts...... crazy.

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

" I hear you're having severe financial trouble and are in desperate need of cash dollars. Do you know that 27 year our Champnship striker that has scored 1 goal, from the penalty spot, the past year...we'll give you £15m and not a penny more!"

29 in october

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Can we sign Cian Coleman for free and £1000 a week would probably do it. Ideal type of signing at this stage.

with figures getting mentioned he got probably ask for 30k and get it

• Like 1

Hopefully thats the end of the big wages.. players come here and collect their big wages and dont give a shit. Terry changed that a little this season.. but still too many players at this club not earning their keep. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KSV said:

Hopefully thats the end of the big wages.. players come here and collect their big wages and dont give a shit. Terry changed that a little this season.. but still too many players at this club not earning their keep. 

Indeed, he added considerably to an already astronomical wage bill.

• Like 1

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-middlesbrough-to-sell-chelsea-target-to-fund-double-winger-move

The second reunion would be for Boro – as Pulis is ready to bring Albert Adomah back to the club, with Aston Villa unable to offer him improved terms following their failure to win promotion.

Boro are also keen on Adomah’s team-mate Alan Hutton, who has been told he will not be getting a new contract – despite an excellent campaign.

Boro will finance these moves with the sale of their own star winger Adama Traore – who has a host of Premier League clubs on his trail.

Sell Traore = Villa sell on clause 

Buy Adomah = More money to Villa 

Shame is only teamtalk reporting it 

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

If Adomah leaves, our wingers are literally green.

Corey Taylor looker reasonably handy but is out of contract. Jordan Graham is out of contract at the end of the month, if Wolves don't keep him on he would be a good signing but will probably get better offers.

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Corey Taylor looker reasonably handy but is out of contract. Jordan Graham is out of contract at the end of the month, if Wolves don't keep him on he would be a good signing but will probably get better offers.

Blackett-Taylor signed a contract extension I think.

• Like 1

Haha, some money, for nothing - things are gonna be ok after all

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aston-villa-set-to-conclude-e4-3m-transfer-five-year-deal-on-the-table/

Reports in the Italian media suggest that Aston Villa goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini has completed a permanent switch away from Villa Park.

According to Italian media outlet Gianluca Di Marzio, Atalanta have sealed a permanent deal for Gollini after his loan spell with the Serie A club.

Also turned down £8 mill for Chester from Brighton - get £12 mill plus Gollini and we stand to keep Jack - maybe Bruce was right when he said he could keep most of the squad together. 

Its driving me mad the number of times I' reading (mostly on Social Media but also on this forum a bit) that we need not sell Grealish and just focus on shifting the dead wood.

I just want to scream ITS NOT THAT EASY!!!!!

Who the hell would want to be saddled with any of the rubbish have on bloated wages e.g. Richards, McCormack, Whelan, Hogan, Lansbury, Jedinak. The biggest problem is the first three and they are old and on PL contracts. If we tried to flog them we'd end up paying them the majority of their wages, never mind various loyalty bonuses etc. and FFP doesn't help since the books will show an asset loss which undermines the intend to get rid in the first place. Of course, if someone out there was happy to pay a decent slab for them..woo hoo. But it isn't happening! 

Feels to me like the only realistic course of action is to take our medicine in the short term by bleeding younger players, selling Kodja/Grealish and Chester when we receive decent fees...which might not be until the January for all of them when the hysteria dies down and we aren't seen as a source for bargains. Also ban Bruce/Team from buying anyone else over the age of 28!

I've read about a possible renewed promotion push this year. No chance...if we still had good team spirit and was able to keep the core of players..maybe...at a push...However, with the uncertainty around the club, there is no chance of getting to the same level of team togetherness, let alone quality for a good while yet. Keeping Bruce (IMO - but do see the other opinions) seems sensible to me in order to avoid a nose-dive. But if that comes with selling our best players and only recruiting more Whelan's...no thanks!

Edited by Djemba_Villan
  • Like 1

Â