Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

not being funny but what a clucking mess, 

got to sell to bridge the gap & hope we can loan players sums the summer up is the hard cold facts.. im a realist not a fantasist ..

i remember when stan collymore said relegation would not be a good thing as it would send villa spiralling when other villa fans said we need a reality check & we can regroup in the championship & build a good side.. how right stan was..

what was it.. proud history bright future 

now .. part of the pride ffs

next ..fight like chinese lion 

2 hours ago, cbr600rr said:

i know.. lets bring nathan baker back to replace terry

And the other player who will need to replace Baker when he's injured. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Anybody have any thoughts on the possibility of getting Phil foden on loan from Man City. I imaging they will want to get him games and I can’t imagine he is on huge wages.

They have said he won't be going out on loan anywhere because they want him to be brought on there under the watchful eye of Pep. 

Limerick FC have failed to pay their players so all are available to go for free, the pick of them would be 21 year old midfielder Cian Coleman.

Good article on him here

Although his football career is in its infancy, Coleman is in it for the long haul. His ultimate aim is to follow in the footsteps of two of his former Cork City U19 team-mates by earning a move to the UK. Having also left City in search of first-team football elsewhere in the League of Ireland, Chiedozie Ogbene and Aaron Drinan secured moves to Brentford (from Limerick) and Ipswich Town (from Waterford) respectively in January.

“I’m fully committed to this. I haven’t gone to college or anything else, which some people will say is wrong. Not going to college might not be the right thing to do, but I want to give this everything. I have so far. I’ve been talking about it since I was 11. I won’t stop until I get to where I want to be,” says Coleman.

“The two lads [Ogbene and Drinan] both deserve to be where they are. I know personally how much work they’ve put in to get there. People don’t see the sacrifices you’re making and the hours you’re putting in behind the scenes. They can go as far as they want if they keep their heads in the game. I have to do the same, but obviously in my own way.”

Coleman spent time with Aston Villa when he was 16. He also had a trial at Nottingham Forest prior to his move to Cobh. But he now says he’s glad to be in a position to play competitive senior football at home, at a time when there appears to be a growing appreciation among cross-channel clubs for the value of first-team experience in the League of Ireland.

“I personally think it’s better to have played first-team football instead of being in the academies or the reserves in England, because clubs seem to look more at how many first-team games you’ve played over anything else,” he says. “The standard of the league here is getting better and better as well, so that’s being recognised.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Limerick FC have failed to pay their players so all are available to go for free, the pick of them would be 21 year old midfielder Cian Coleman.

Good article on him here

They also had communication issues with the squad which put a few people out, they kept talking in rhyme. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

There was a great player from Cork,

Who's club was down on it's luck,

Dr T signed him for Villa,

The games were all thrillers,

He was even better than Dwight Yorke.

Thats a bit of a reach, man. How about "Could run before he could walk".

• Haha 1

Just like last summer the best investment we could make would be in a new manager. We missed the boat that time, let's not do it again.

'No doubt in my mind that a manager with a different mindset and approach could get results out of this squad, even the depleted version we'll have next season.

Obviously the expectations will have to drop a bit but we should still have enough about us to fight for play off/ promotion.

Short term, long term Bruce has to go either way. With that done and some good scouting (abroad for value for money) it should only take a couple of signings.

Obviously losing Jack would change a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

According to The Sun ? Bruce is trying to sign Costel Pantilimon on loan.

Yes, it's on the Birmingham Mail site as well. 31 years old and six foot eight. I would be surprised if we could afford to bring him in.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

In my experience villa have had mixed results at best with players from the Irish league. 

McGrath came from St Pats via small detour in some small Manchester club. Enda Stevens didn't work out at the time but is a solid Championship wing back now. Cian Coleman would be a free transfer and wages would be miniscule, he would be on a 3 figure wage at the moment so £5000 a week should do it. I don't see any risk, while there are potentially good rewards.

Before my time but Eamonn Deacy worked out well too.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I love ridiculous foreign transfer rumours

Pantaleo Corvino confirmed in a recent interview that Milan Badelj is finally, definitively leaving Fiorentina on a free transfer this summer, ensuring that the Viola will have to choose a new captain for the 4th year running. Despite some desperate last-minute work from club management, the Croatian international opted to let his contract run out and is now linked to a number of big sides.

Word is that AC Milan have already agreed to terms with the regista, who will spend his summer solidifying the Croatia midfield at the World Cup. Of course, with the Rossoneri facing disciplinary action and a possible transfer ban, any deal he signs with them could be voided. Juventus, Lazio, West Ham, and Aston Villa have all been linked with him as well. If he wants Champions Leaguefootball, albeit probably from the bench, the former two are his best bet; if playing time matters to him, the latter two have a chance. Either way, he’ll score a substantial pay raise.

https://www.violanation.com/fiorentina-transfer-rumors-news-reports/2018/5/29/17404930/official-fiorentina-milan-badelj-leaving-free-transfer-bosman-croatia

• Haha 1

Â