Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Just now, privateer said:

Rubbish, isn't it?

Mere days before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT and not only have we not swooped or become locked in negotiations for players, we are not even tracking, circling or preparing bids for anyone. ?

I think we are still preparing our war chest at the moment, these things take time, especially as we are also bracing ourselves for a bid for Jack. It is hard to brace and prepare at the same time. ?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Now I know it won’t happen, but I would love to see Mourinhos reaction if it did! He always slates their transfer business anyway, so to lose out to a Championside would be hilarious! 

Original report from some Italian website called TuttoMercadoWeb.

i don’t have a link, and it would be in Italian anyway, but that’s where the rumour came from apparently.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

i don’t have a link, and it would be in Italian anyway, but that’s where the rumour came from apparently.

We have a natural duty to say "NO" you massive div, what were you even thinking countenancing this?" But, and this appeals to those who put it out there, we LOVE it, because it makes us feel important and relevant. I say enjoy it, because nobody is linking SHA to Barca players, whatever the truth. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think we are still preparing our war chest at the moment, these things take time, especially as we are also bracing ourselves for a bid for Jack. It is hard to brace and prepare at the same time. ?

? Ah, yes, the bracing we are doing, that'll really paralyse us. All we'll be able to is watch developments with interest and hijack deals with eleventh hour bids.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

All a big misunderstanding....Edens told Xia his new company car was a yellow mini

827C6FDD-E534-4088-B32D-659A3FA522EC.jpeg

Feeling excited and optimistic now, looks like we’re trying to strengthen the team and really challenge for promotion.

No idea what the situation with FFP is but we can actually look forward to the season instead of fearing for our future.

I assume Bruce is under pressure to start well and maintain a promotion push.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Just something I was thinking about today, but does anyone else get the feeling that this season is a bit of a write off for Sawaris and Edens?

If they don’t invest this year, but remain competitive then next year they can spend more as that first year of Dr’s splurge will be off the three year FFP schedule.

Might explain them not spending too much now... it’s a rebuild year?

I think you're on to something and I kinda get the same vibe.  

Keeping Bruce on justifies this sort of thinking but still gives us a realistic chance of promotion with very little change to the playing staff

I have a good feeling after reading Villa Transfers last night.

Snodgrass & Abraham sign today, tomorrow we sign a centre back... Monday night we spank Hull 3-0 Kodjia smashing in a hatrick before Bruce knee slides in front of the away fans upon the final whistle.

We're back ?

• Haha 4

Â