Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

28 minutes ago, John said:

"Villa signs for Villa" would have been some headline though.

About as likely as Arsenal finding a manager whose name began with "Arse". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Taking of Windass

Saw few online sources reckon we are after his son Josh from Rangers

from what I am reading.....we are after every player with a pulse.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

About as likely as Arsenal finding a manager whose name began with "Arse". 

I remember Wolves signing John De Wolf 

Just something I was thinking about today, but does anyone else get the feeling that this season is a bit of a write off for Sawaris and Edens?

If they don’t invest this year, but remain competitive then next year they can spend more as that first year of Dr’s splurge will be off the three year FFP schedule.

Might explain them not spending too much now... it’s a rebuild year?

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Just something I was thinking about today, but does anyone else get the feeling that this season is a bit of a write off for Sawaris and Edens?

If they don’t invest this year, but remain competitive then next year they can spend more as that first year of Dr’s splurge will be off the three year FFP schedule.

I have been thinking similar, their hands are a little bit tied in terms of having a big blow out this season if reports of our sailing close to the FFP rocks are correct. Which I guess they are. We need to reset, start again and build properly rather than a mass scatter gun type splurge like under Xia in his first summer.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not to rinse and repeat what is in the FFP thread.....they can’t spend big money even if they wanted to, simple as that. 

Hands massively tied for the short and med term future......unless we make....oooh I dunno.....at least £30M in player sales....now where we gonna get that sort of money from?

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

When Edens said don't expect things to change overnight, with his and Nassef's general relaxed demeanour - I totally got the impression that this year is a free hit and they will slowly form their plan, whilst maximising our chances this season - i.e. by not being unnecessarily radical. They might get lucky, they clearly are lucky chaps. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

No, Dr Ts spending was only 2 summers ago. Next year will be the first without any parachute payments, if anything we will have less money next year. 

Just now, Junxs said:

No, Dr Ts spending was only 2 summers ago. Next year will be the first without any parachute payments, if anything we will have less money next year. 

I'm relaxed about that now. The money is there, but the rules are also there so it's not simple. But in terms of resources, as soon as we get promoted, we will have serious money and it doesn't matter how many seasons we are sat waiting. 

Â