Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

13 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Agreed, I can't see Snodgrass coming until the very end of the loan window. Although I am hopeful he comes back. I think we need pacier options as well but he'd be good for the team and has proven he can win games on his own.

I wouldn't mind Snodgrass and one other pacy wnger on loan would do. If Chelsea sign Zaha then Hudson-Odoi should be available on loan, he would be spectacular. That would Leave Green, Adomah, Snodgrass and Hudson-Odoi and allow for plenty of rotation. Send Corey Blackett-Taylor out on loan to get experience.

I think Tuanzebe is a no brainer. United have had a load of players missing on their pre-season tour and are looking at bringing a centre back in so have kept hold of him for now. Once they get everyone in i will be very surprised if he isn't straight back here, and pushed in as a starter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Speculate then instead of stating as fact, thanks. 

As you're dwelling in pedanticism, could you please point to where in the original post 'fact' was stated, instead of an opinion offered? I've pasted it below for you. 

Sadly, and with some regret, this is why we need to drop Bruce, and this just adds to why this season is possibly a write-off and transitional. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I reckon:

Tammy Abraham

Snoddy coming back home!

A CB (maybe Tuanzebe)

... maybe another CB for depth?

We need a proper centre back, not a youngster, who did not look particularly good, learning his trade.

It is disappointing that we appear not to have any of our own youngsters better than Tuanzebe to bring in.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think Tuanzebe is a no brainer. United have had a load of players missing on their pre-season tour and are looking at bringing a centre back in so have kept hold of him for now. Once they get everyone in i will be very surprised if he isn't straight back here, and pushed in as a starter.

He has a lot to learn, in my opinion. Started well with us, but rapidly deteriorated.

We should not let the ManU tag colour our opinion on his ability.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

As you're dwelling in pedanticism, could you please point to where in the original post 'fact' was stated, instead of an opinion offered? I've pasted it below for you. 

Sadly, and with some regret, this is why we need to drop Bruce, and this just adds to why this season is possibly a write-off and transitional. 

Because we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet and you're trying to convince everyone the season is a write-off!

Here's a novel approach, wait and see what actually happens rather than forecasting doom and gloom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Because we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet and you're trying to convince everyone the season is a write-off!

Here's a novel approach, wait and see what actually happens rather than forecasting doom and gloom.

Well this is a new feeling because normally I'm accused of being naive and overly optimistic. I'll take it! Seeriozly though, I'm fickle on Bruce, keep changing my mind whether he's a help or a hinderance. But, with today's news about 4 or 5 coming in I am looking forward to seeing what we can do this season, and he's cleared up that speculation about Mendes role today.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

I’d much rather Bruce give Suliman a chance now alongside Chester who he will learn from than bringing Tuanzebe back.

Bruce must show more faith in the talented youngsters at his disposal because those he has used haven’t let anyone down.

Especially when our called experienced players are the likes of Hutton and Elmo who are afraid to get hold of the ball.

Im not saying they’re bad, but the experienced player should have much more confidence than that.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Suliman is awful. Sorry. I am all for giving youngsters a chance but he would get roughed up in a primary school playground game.

He's not a big lad but he definitely isn't awful. More Stones than McGuire and very promising. Not sure I'd want him in the starting XI yet but I would have no worries in the first team squad. Tuanzebe I would consider a starting player. If fit.

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Especially when our called experienced players are the likes of Hutton and Elmo who are afraid to get hold of the ball.

Im not saying they’re bad, but the experienced player should have much more confidence than that.

I don’t think Alan Hutton is afraid to get hold of the ball. His weakness is probably being caught out of position. 

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Suliman is awful. Sorry. I am all for giving youngsters a chance but he would get roughed up in a primary school playground game.

He is far from awful but could still do with bulking up a lot which seems to a struggle for him. A season at full back or midfield would suit him but we are overstocked in them positions.

Â