Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I actually said our squad, not just our youth players.

For example Lansbury and Bjarnason were behind Onomah in the pecking order, Bruce came out and said Onomah is learning his game and people shouldnt get on his back. That was an admission that Onomah was struggling but remained ahead of our own players, Thats even before the calls for O'Hare or Doyle-Hayes to be given a chance.

Our youth team at the moment is very good, I do watch them a lot and it was exciting to see them win the premier league cup. Not everyone in there is amazing, but there certainly are a few gems who deserve a chance - thats all fans are asking for. Nobody is saying start them from game 1. 

Loan signings are supposed to improve the first team otherwise there is no point, Snodgrass being the prefect example. You only get 5 loans, we wasted some on kids that werent ready that only played a bit part and were sent here to help them develop rather than be regulars. We had decent kids who could have played those roles. 

I agree, I think Snodgrass, Grabban and Johnstone were very good additions for that season yet it proved unfruitful (although I wouldn't change a thing) and 2 will actually be rivals this season. Johnstone is particularly galling as we played a big part in his development, and he now strengthens a rival and receive no reward (apart from his performances of course). 

Onomah and Tuanzebe did not fit IMO, although both showed useful skillsets and understanding of why they are considered prospects at their parent clubs, they didn't offer enough to impact our season in any meaningful way. Maybe Onomah is ahead of COH and JDH in terms of development. However, I think they those two have great potential which could have been further realised had they had the experienced of that season instead. Our u23s have had a very successful season, we need to translate that to the first team and loans like Onomah (*nothing against Onomah, he has great potential and would have him pushing for a starting berth IF he was a Villa player) hinder that. For instance would we have seen Davies's progression last season had we not been struck by injuries, would he have "not been good enough"? Not good enough like so many BHM graduates: (D.Williams, Donacien, Bannan, D.Johnson, Robinson and Burke) that will line up as rivals against us next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

CB situation still not resolved.

Still toothless up front.

Not looking good.

We still have a month ash,  most wont happen till the end of the month!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Not looking good.

The window for loans doesn't close until the end of August. We're not going to be buying players so we aren't in a huge rush to get players in when all of them will be loans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Borna Barisic from Osijek looks a handy left back, good pace, size and a sweet left foot. 25 years old and has been capped for Croatia and just missed out on their WC squad. If they go out of Europe tonight I'd imagine he could be purchased for a reasonable price.

just like Kalinic. I doubt he will get a work permit

• Like 1

Way too much negativity on here. We have new very rich owners. Owners who appear, at first sight, not to be crazy Chinese people! We still have most of our key players from last season. We still have a month to improve the team with loan signings. In my view, we are in a better position than this time last year.

Believe people. We have as much chance as anybody else. It’s very open this year!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Now I know it won’t happen, but I would love to see Mourinhos reaction if it did! He always slates their transfer business anyway, so to lose out to a Championside would be hilarious! 

It would be hilarious and an unbelievable signing considering our Championship status. However, there is more chance of Lloyd Christmas getting with a girl like Mary Swanson.

• Haha 1

Keeping players is possibly more important than any loans we may or may not get. So the next week is crucial.

Sell Grealish and squad confidence will plummet, we won't be able to attract even loanees as easily and we'll lose our last iota of creativity. The season might as well be written off.

But keep him and loans will only improve us. I think Johnstone will be replaced as closely as will make no difference, Terry will be easily replaced on the pitch, Kodjia has a full season to replace Grabban and Green will do an adequate job of replacing Snodgrass (although I'd prefer to re-loan him). Then added to that we've got hopefully a full season of Grealish and maybe even DeLaet. So we should be equally as capable of getting around where we were last season. Keep the squad together and 'recall' Snodgrass and even my normally pessimistic head is saying we could go one step further than last season.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It would be hilarious and an unbelievable signing considering our Championship status. However, there is more chance of Lloyd Christmas getting with a girl like Mary Swanson.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH THESE UNREALISTIC VILLA FANS ALWAYS THINKING THEY ARE LIKE EVERTON OR SOMETHIN, WE ARE FOOKED AND DONT NOBODY DREAM NOTHIG, NOTHIG!!!!!! 

41 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Now I know it won’t happen, but I would love to see Mourinhos reaction if it did! He always slates their transfer business anyway, so to lose out to a Championside would be hilarious! 

What a ridiculous rumour! Who the **** is going to believe it?! We might have new owners but they still need to appear to be complying with FFP. Very much doubt a) we can afford to and b) the player would come when there are many top flight clubs who would take him. 

49 minutes ago, NeilS said:

As much chance as a champagne cork killing a prized owl from across a crowded room ?

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Not looking good.

Rubbish, isn't it?

Mere days before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT and not only have we not swooped or become locked in negotiations for players, we are not even tracking, circling or preparing bids for anyone. ?

• Haha 2

Â