Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

3 minutes ago, John said:

Nobody needs to be sold and I do not have any reason to doubt them on this or anything else. We might want to sell some players though and that might include a player that might not be willing to sign a new contract for example whose value may therefore drop when their contract enters the last 12 months.  

I think FFP aside they would keep Jack for 12 months to see if we go up so can offer him terms he can accept.

I think if he doesnt go and we haven't done well in the league by January he will be gone for sure.

But that is without FFP in consideration

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

He has a lot to learn, in my opinion. Started well with us, but rapidly deteriorated.

We should not let the ManU tag colour our opinion on his ability.

rapidly deteriorated is a little OTT

He played 5 games for is and his last 2 starts we kept clean sheets though 1 he came off early injured and was out for rest of season

5 minutes ago, John said:

Nobody needs to be sold and I do not have any reason to doubt them on this or anything else. We might want to sell some players though and that might include a player that might not be willing to sign a new contract for example whose value may therefore drop when their contract enters the last 12 months.  

Yes, I agree completely. If we're offered what we think is more than fair value for a player, we should look to sell. That's a good use of resources. 

The original comment was asking why we're looking at getting players in before offloading some, on account of our finances. I was pointing out that the new owners think our financial situation is comfortable enough that we don't have to sell before we get players in. Of course, we may still want to sell players, but we don't have to. 

• Like 1

Also worth noting that Tuanzebe was played out of position for the bulk of his time at Villa. Would be happy enough with him coming in to play next to Chester.

Not sure about all this talk of Powell being imminent, I saw someone on one of the supporters pages on Facebook say their mate said they saw photos of him in a Villa kit today and from what I can tell that's the only update on the rumour, if you could even call it that.

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Could have had Nick Powell on a bosman a year ago for nothing not sure why we didn''t try for him then before he moved to Wigan.

Paying over £5mil for now is crazy! W need to be a lot smarter in the transfer market.

Yeah, it always seems like we get our pants pulled down. Hopefully the new owners will address this, with a team and structure put in place 

24 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Could have had Nick Powell on a bosman a year ago for nothing not sure why we didn''t try for him then before he moved to Wigan.

Paying over £5mil for now is crazy! W need to be a lot smarter in the transfer market.

Where did you see we’re paying over £5mil? I would like Nick Powell but I think that’s a lot. 

28 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

2 years ago he was available on a Bosman. signed 3 year deal with Wigan in 2016

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Have you seen we’ve bid more than £5m? I can’t find the article?

No i was giving an example based mainly on that he was on a bosman at one point (Remember reading we was interested then but nothing happened) but Wigan would want over £5mil for him at least. They was saying last season £10mil when other clubs was interested

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If we'd signed Lionel Messi when he was 18 months old he'd have cost less than he would now.

Stupid Villa, Bruce out.

What's that got to do with anything also with the Bruce Out bit?? Nothing wrong with being a bit more clever in transfer market.

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Tony Coton was there at the time.

After that, Coton moved into scouting and recruitment, becoming chief scout at Wigan for six months from October 2014, and then goalkeeper scout (a role we haven’t heard of before) at Aston Villa under former Watford team-mate Tim Sherwood.

Villa promoted Coton to Head of UK Recruitment in November 2016, but he has decided to leave a club crippled by debts and facing an uncertain future. Sunderland have endured a torrid time of their own in recent seasons, suffering successive relegations.

was only a goalkeeper scout that time and he has done such a fine job with us signing Bunn and Gollini 

http://trainingground.guru/articles/coton-makes-sunderland-return-after-villa-exit

16 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

No i was giving an example based mainly on that he was on a bosman at one point (Remember reading we was interested then but nothing happened) but Wigan would want over £5mil for him at least. They was saying last season £10mil when other clubs was interested

£10m!? The games gone mad.

Â